Light-O-Rama Forums
sax

CS05-Superstar and Pixel Editor Intensity file saves

When intensity files are exported from SuperStar, I am not given a choice as to where to send them.  I do get a chance to send the sequence data file if in legacy.  But the intensity files go straight to your setup directory.

I am sure I am not alone in the way my file structure is setup.  But is it possible to allow users to select where to send the intensity file?

Example,

I make shows for both Christmas and Halloween.  I have a year folder and holiday folder for each...ie Halloween 2015.  Inside that folder I keep all my other needed data in its own subfolder.  Audio in one, superstar work in another, the show has its own subfolder and lastly all my sequences have their own subfolder.  I keep this structure for each holiday, each year.  This allows me to copy from my work computer and paste into my show computer with ease.

But now, the intensity files are needed.  And they go to my setup base folder.....which I don't use at all.

Please, Please, Please allow users to select where to export the intensity data file to.

Is it possible to add this to S4?

Thanks,

Sax

Intensity data MUST live where the sequence lives.  So when you export intensity data, it will be in the same directory as your sequence.  

Are you saying that when you export your intensity data it is NOT going to where the LMS/LAS is located?

Correct. It goes to my default directory and not where I push the export.

Let me get Brian... 

Thanks for reporting this.

In SuperStar when you click on the File menu and then select "Export to Sequence Editor" the "Export to Sequence Editor" dialog box appears. In this dialog box, when you click on "Export in New Format (Intensity Data)" there are two options:

Option 1) Add Intensity Data to Existing Sequence - When you do this, you select an existing .lms file and then the intensity data file gets placed in the same folder as the .lms file. It must do this in order for the intensity data file to be seen by the .lms file that you selected.

Option 2) Add Intensity Data to New Sequence - This allows you to type in a name, and it allows you to navigate to any location. What it really does is create an empty .lms file using the name that you type in, then it creates the intensity data file with a matching name so that when you open the empty .lms file will see the matching intensity data file in the .lms file.  HOWEVER, I just tried it and it looks like there is a bug, and if you navigate to a different folder, it creates the empty .las file in the new folder, but it always puts the intensity data file in the "Sequences" folder. I will fix this in the next beta release so that the intensity data file will be placed in the folder that you navigated to.

Thanks Brian.

Followup question.

If I add the pixel data to an existing sequence....and that existing sequence has data in it for my importing intensity data file, which information gets used?

Example: I have a sequence with my CCRs being red. I create a superstar sequence that morphs that same CCR top to bottom red fade to black. I export that as option 1 above. What will I see the lights do?

Currently, if intensity data competes for control of any channels that are also in the regular sequence, the results are unpredictable. Since this concerns the sequence editor, this is something you could post in the sequence editor forum.

This is corrected in 4.0.6. Verified to work proper.