Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel editor question

dougd

I added all my props to the pixel editor preview. I then created a group with all my props in it. When I add effects to the "all" grid all of my props do the effect individually instead of the display as a whole. I thought the "all" group would be the equivalent of a whole house model. Did I do it wrong? I have linked to a vimeo video showing how it looks.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not replying sooner... 

Yes, if the group's arrangement setting is set to "Use Preview", then this should behave like the whole house model.

I would like to take a look at your sequence if it still isn't working the way you think it should.

Thanks for testing!

Matt

• 1 month later...

Whatever license you have, if you're good for the year through release, no. If your license has expired prior to release, you'll need to renew, and no, you still don't have to purchase the pixel editor. But if you decide you want it, it's a $50 upgrade.

One of the posts by Dan in "Important Announcements" explains it better than I did.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Thanks Ron. I don't know if I will be expanding my show too much more. But I would like to be able to create DMX visualizations to import into superstar. I understand that S4 can do that without using the pixel editor.

Thanks.