Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I build an RGB megatree in Visualizer

kzaas

I am trying to build an RGB mega tree in the visualizer but I am drawing a blank. My tree is a 39 x 50 pixel tree, I run the strings as follows; U19 is string 1 thru 3 with string 1 pixel 1 at the bottom and pixel 50 at the top hooked to 51 at the top and 100 at the bottom hooked to 101 at bottom and 150 at the top. I have 13 universes setup like this to make up my tree. I cannot figure out how to do this with the tree wizard and I am getting very frustrated. Can someone please tell me how to do this before I don't have any hair left 

Use the tree wizard and select (edge to center, center to edge.) Look in the visualizer samples folder and open up Brian's, 12 x 50 Ribbon (packed) file. You'll need to actually set up a few of the strings manually where the same string spans 2 universes.

I can't get the tree wizard to work for it. Like I said the way I run my strings are up to center down to outer then back up to center, I am using 150 pixels per universe and its 50 pixels up, 50 down, 50 up. then the next universe starts back at the bottom. The wizard will only go up then down then starts the next string. I can build it like I want in the pixel editor but I can't figure out how in the visualizer.

Ahh, now I get it. You want,

50 up, 50 down, 50 up, then, start with 50 up, 50 down, 50 up.

Unless Mike will chime in here, the only way I know to do it is to start at string # 4 and rotate the rest. That's a lot of rotating. At some point, I guess every other bundle of 3 will still be right and not need the flipping. Surely there is a way to accomplish this without doing all that extra work, but i'm afraid, I am not sure how. Might want to PM DevMike and ask if there's an easier way to do that.

Sorry I couldn't help. Flipping the strings the way you want them will take some time, but it will accomplish your goal.

Now you have the idea of what I am trying to do. I can do it easily in pixel editor so I don't know why they didn't set it up like that is Visualizer. I do appreciate you trying to help though. I will go with your idea of contacting Mike. Thanks again.

Remember, you don't have to create the visualizer exactly as the hardware. My pixel tree is just like Brians except I am DMX and I treat each string as one strand, even though I fold just like you mentioned (granted I'm one fold vs your two). You have a few options to map the folds, use zig zag in the controller or physically map in the software.

• 2 months later...

Took me just a few seconds to create it with the tree wizard.  39 strings of 50 pixels, edge to center/center to edge.  Bottom is 1,3,5,7....., top is 2,4,6,8....  I attached the prop file for you to look at.  All you should need to do is run the channel wizard and assign your starting universe and pixel number.

Hope this helps,

Larry

Thanks guys for the help, I created it the way you suggested Larry and split universes as mentioned early in this thread. But now that lead to another problem for which I started another thread as it is a different topic. Please follow this link for the problem I have now: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/36314-reversing-channel-order-in-sequence-editor/

Thanks again,

Ken

Edited by kzaas