Light-O-Rama Forums
Ron Boyd

RB01: Visualizer deleted # 1 fixture in each prop after playback

Report Number: RB01

Module: Visualizer

Software Version: 4.0.2

OS Version: Windows 7 (64 bit)

Description:
Created a test sequence in Superstar to make sure the Visualizer worked properly. Upon playback, nothing happened. When I closed the Visualizer playback window and returned to the edit window, the first fixture of each group was missing. (see attached screen caps) Attempted playback again and only the missing fixtures actually played. No oher fixtures 

Repeatability: 

Attempted this several times with the same result. I have the Vis file saved in a Dropbox folder so I have a copy of the before and after. If you notice in the second photo, I have one of the missing fixtures highlighted. In the uppermost, left corner, you can see the handles for the fixture, however, it does nothing. It will not re-size or move the fixture.

">http://Before%20Attempted%20Playback_zpslnm3whj

..... ">http://After%20Attempted%20Playback_zps2cd0mvqs

Edited by Ron Boyd

Ron, I saw something similar to this, thought it was a bug myself. Once I got all my networks correct and made sure I had no overlapping universes defined by props the problem cleared up. My visualizer and sequence files all match up perfect and play great.

For whatever reason, that fixture is corrupted.  Anything that shows up at the top right like that has had some part of it corrupted - usually by an outside program.

Please send me the before and after visualizer files so I can see what is happening.  Thanks.  mike @ lightorama.com

Thanks.  I see the differences, now I need to set up the test.  I have a feeling I know what is happening but it will probably be bigger than a breadbox when I find it.

Aah. I was hoping you were not going to say that. Should I hold off on creating the rest of my visualizer until you figure out what it is?

Ok, It's a 2 part problem, part mine part yours.  

There are actually a couple of problems with your setup.  Your before file should never be let into simulation mode because of the errors (your side), however the Visualizer didn't tell you because of a bug (my side).  Double Whammy but a MUCH easier fix.

After I fixed the bug, here are the error messages that you should have got:

There are one or more errors with your simulation that prevent it from running.  Please correct these errors and try again.
The DMX Pixel Universe on Universe 19, when assembled has more than 170 pixels (175).  The following fixtures should be checked:
--Burst Arm_01 #1
--Burst Arm_02 #1
--Burst Arm_03 #1
--Burst Arm_04 #1
--Burst Arm_05 #1
--Burst Arm_06 #1
--Burst Arm_07 #1

Child Pixel fixture Burst Arm_08 #1 does not have a main Pixel Fixture (a Pixel Universe Fixture with physical pixel 1).  A Pixel Universe Fixture when assembled requires a fixture with pixel #1
The DMX Pixel Universe on Universe 21, when assembled has more than 170 pixels (175).  The following fixtures should be checked:
--Fan Arm_01 - DMX Pixels 1
--Fan Arm_02 - DMX Pixels 1
--Fan Arm_03 - DMX Pixels 1
--Fan Arm_04 - DMX Pixels 1
--Fan Arm_05 - DMX Pixels 1
--Fan Arm_06 - DMX Pixels 1
--Fan Arm_07 - DMX Pixels 1

Child Pixel fixture Fan Arm_08 - DMX Pixels 1 does not have a main Pixel Fixture (a Pixel Universe Fixture with physical pixel 1).  A Pixel Universe Fixture when assembled requires a fixture with pixel #1

I did not cross universes in any props. I forgot to mention that earlier. I guess thats what fixed mine. Earlier on I was trying to do that.

So the fan and the burst, I need to separate into 2 universes, correct? Since the Pixel Editor spans a universe on these 2 props, I assumed the Visualizer did too. I suppose I assumed wrong. I'll change the Universe numbers  on these 2 props and try again.

Thanks Mike, and Doug. I'll re-post here after I make the changes later this evening. Good or Bad.

OK. It all works now.

I do have another question though, maybe a bug report.

If the Comm Listener is running prior to a sequence being loaded, I get this error when I open the sequence

http://ErrorCapture_zpsh6gz7vgf.jpg

Is this normal or should I issue a bug report?

Edited by Ron Boyd