Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR will not open or start

Old Sarge

I have a valid license. was going to run LOR today and it would not open. I ran it to upgrade still no luck opening it. My license is Advance and is up to date. I uninstalled it redownloaded it and still no luck getting it to run..

I have win 7 and have not had any problems with it in the past. My virus software is the same and no viruses... 

Can anyone maybe give me some advice on what I may need to do to get it to work??

Thanks in advance

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

Let me start with a few questions...

What are you trying to start - SE, SSE, Visualizer, Control Panel, Schedule Editor, Show Editor, etc?

What LOR version?

What does it do, or not do when you try to start it - error messages, etc? 

Is the Control Panel running?

I have the new verson. I joined LOR in Oct and my license is good. I cannot get anything to open up and start. It does show it is running on my task bar and I can r click it and see all the things in it but when I click to start it nothing starts. Not the seq editor, super start nothing. when I click on status it opens a box that says Light O Rama 3.12.2 is currently DISABLED nothing else will open..

It was working fine the last time I used it a couple months ago. I have not changed any computer settings, fire wall or virus setting etc. nothing has been changed..

It does not show any message at all... just doesnt do anything

Edited by Old Sarge

Can you manually start any of the programs? For example, if you open up Windows Explorer and go to the LOR program files directory, there should be a program in there called LORSequenceEditor.exe.  If you double click that, what happens?

The LOR program files directory is typically, but not always, either C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama or else C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama.  Other somewhat common places for it would be the same things but on different drives (for example D:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama).

The "LORSequenceEditor.exe" might show up in your Windows Explorer as just "LORSequenceEditor". 

I tried that.... doesn't help any. Still doesn't start like it should.

LOR sent the following.... Basically they said... 

Save/backup the registry.... I Did That

Uninstall LOR software.... I Did That

download and run their registry LOR removal tool (LORResistryWipe from the link they sent to me).... I Did That

Download and re-install LOR Software.... I Did That

Did that help.... NO Still Has the Same Problem... I can start the Seq Editor But after I click on it takes it about 10 minutes to finally start.... and Yes I have emptied all my cache files etc....

does anyone have any other things I may try before I have to do a complete back up of all my files and a complete system restore.... which I don't really want to have to do because it will take me a couple days to do it..

This sounds like it might be an issue with the computer and/or Windows, not (just) LOR. 

If you start up Windows Task Manager, go to the "Processes" tab, sort the table by the "Image Name" column, and scroll down to the section that would show names that start with "LOR", what happens when you try to start one of the programs up? For example, if you try to start up the Hardware Utility, does an entry for "LORHardware.exe" appear in the list more or less immediately? If so, how much CPU does it use? What about the Sequence Editor - does "LORSequenceEditor.exe" appear more or less immediately, or does it also take the ten minutes until the program itself becomes visible to you?

If you have recently upgraded to the new software and are trying to launch from an existing desktop shortcut it will not open. Go to start menu, lor , and drag each program onto desktop and select "move and replace". Hopefully this will help!

it didn't help.... 

I ended up doing a complete system restore...

took all day to save files and restore my comp to factory setting and reload things but it is working fine again now.

I have no idea what may have caused the problem but so far so good... thanks to all that tried to help me out with it.