Light-O-Rama Forums
dgrant

S4 Visualizer/DMX

The new visualizer seems to refuse anything DMX related. It will play the normal LOR channels without issue but anything DMX related, it doesn't show. This all worked just fine for the S3 visualizer and opening the same S3 files, still nothing will display. Now one thought early this morning that I didn't try yesterday afternoon was turning on the control panel...but I wasn't trying to send commands to the controller, only the visualizer. I'll try again this afternoon.

The advanced rendering option, cannot be un-checked. The visualizer will not run in the simulation mode unless the advanced option is turned on. Brightness of the advanced rendering option shows up way too light from what is set but that will have to be played with a bit as I suspect.

I think I read yesterday that the comm listener needs to run for the visualizer. Not for certain, but I think I did. Check out the threads about S4 and you should be able to find it.

I just tried it on my laptop which is not my show computer and quickly found that I can't run the control panel without the dmx controllers connected or else the comm listener keeps launching numerous times trying to communicate with them. I don't think the visualizer should be dependent on the comm listener running in order to sequence. I'll again this afternoon with both the controllers connected and not connected. This laptop runs on Windows 8.1 whereas the show computer is Windows 7 Prof.

I had the same problem. As stated above, get the comm listener running and it should work. For me, I had no lor adapters configured. I did have dmx configured. Not sure if network configuration matters though.