Light-O-Rama Forums

Found in comm0?

politadiaz

Hi everyone, this is my problem, i`ve connected today my lor card to the pc, I run the lor hardware software, where you configure the port and you make your pc talk to the card.

Then, I clicked on the button that configures the comm port, and it started searching in all the ports... at the end, it showed me a message that said, that the lor was found in the comm0 (what??...COMM0 ???).... and it ask me if it was the port destinated to the shows... so I told yes even when I was insecure... then it told me that there was a device error and the program closed suddenly, and in the card, the led still blinking.. so no connection done...

Then I tried to open the program again and the error continued, and now the button of autoconfigure was disabled... so I opened the little box under that button to select another comm port and the program again showed me an error and closed...

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it and nothing changes, everything is the same... I am histeric!! what can I do now???

Another question.... where should I connect the cable in the lor card?... I have 3 holes to insert the cable... the first is like telephone, the second and the third are bigger... where should I connect the cable?? and what can i do to solve the problem I commented??

I will apreciate ur comments...it`s urgent!!:'(

thanks!!

Paola

The inbound cable plugs into the middle jack. Outbound is the right jack (unless you're using phone wire, then it's the left jack).

Hope that helps.

D.T.

Per Users manual

http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/CTB16D_UserGuide.pdf

page 17 if using RJ45 (Cat5) cable you can plug into eitehr jack. If using phone wire then the in is the left jack and out is one of the other 2 jacks.

The reason the left jack exsists for the phone wire has to deal with most phone cable (pre-made) is reversed from one ent to the other. Most Cat5 ( pre-made) is straight thru.

Chuck

politadiaz wrote:

Hi everyone, this is my problem, i`ve connected today my lor card to the pc, I run the lor hardware software, where you configure the port and you make your pc talk to the card.

Then, I clicked on the button that configures the comm port, and it started searching in all the ports... at the end, it showed me a message that said, that the lor was found in the comm0 (what??...COMM0 ???).... and it ask me if it was the port destinated to the shows... so I told yes even when I was insecure... then it told me that there was a device error and the program closed suddenly, and in the card, the led still blinking.. so no connection done...

Then I tried to open the program again and the error continued, and now the button of autoconfigure was disabled... so I opened the little box under that button to select another comm port and the program again showed me an error and closed...

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it and nothing changes, everything is the same... I am histeric!! what can I do now???

Another question.... where should I connect the cable in the lor card?... I have 3 holes to insert the cable... the first is like telephone, the second and the third are bigger... where should I connect the cable?? and what can i do to solve the problem I commented??

I will apreciate ur comments...it`s urgent!!:'(

thanks!!

Paola

I have not seen this one before. Please upgrade the hardware utility using the link at the bottom of the support page.

hi everyone, i am trying again today cause i´ve got a lot of job last week... lights are on but with no lor tech...

Dan... can i do that upgrade with the lor cd that came with mypack ? or just at the web site...

thanks 4 ur patience and support from u all...

regards..

paola