Light-O-Rama Forums
k6ccc

50 Cosmic Color Pixel Arch in PE

I don't want to open a bug report because I'm sure it's just me not figuring it out yet.  I am not trying to do anything real yet, just playing around with the S4 Pixel Editor.  Creating a arch prop that will consist of 50 CCPs in a single arch.  I use the predefined shape of arch and # of sections to 50 and # of nodes per section to 1. I can't figure out any way to define it as 50 RGB channels on the same LOR controller.  The defaults set each RGB node to a separate unit #.  When I uncheck the separate Unit for each RGB string box, it insists that there are 16 channel controllers.  If I check the Individual start channels box, I can manually enter the Network, Unit #, and start circuit.  I really don't think I should have to manually enter the network, unit and start channel for every pixel on a CCP string!

Someone PLEASE tell me that I've missed something obvious...

Along those same lines ...

I'm unable to assign Unit ID's that match what is assigned to the same CCR in the real world.  I need to assign Unit 1A.  Can't.

I don't want to open a bug report because I'm sure it's just me not figuring it out yet.  I am not trying to do anything real yet, just playing around with the S4 Pixel Editor.  Creating a arch prop that will consist of 50 CCPs in a single arch.  I use the predefined shape of arch and # of sections to 50 and # of nodes per section to 1. I can't figure out any way to define it as 50 RGB channels on the same LOR controller.  The defaults set each RGB node to a separate unit #.  When I uncheck the separate Unit for each RGB string box, it insists that there are 16 channel controllers.  If I check the Individual start channels box, I can manually enter the Network, Unit #, and start circuit.  I really don't think I should have to manually enter the network, unit and start channel for every pixel on a CCP string!

Someone PLEASE tell me that I've missed something obvious...

Leave # of sections as 1. Nodes per section=50.

# of sections is meant for traditional (non-RGB) arches.

Along those same lines ...

I'm unable to assign Unit ID's that match what is assigned to the same CCR in the real world.  I need to assign Unit 1A.  Can't.

Unit ID's in the Pixel Editor are decimal, not hex. So 1A = 26.

Note that if you want to control lights directly from the Pixel Editor, then you must use DMX or the new LOR Enhanced protocol. For LOR Enhanced you must update the firmware in your controllers with the versions that came with the 4.0 beta. You must also go into the LOR Network Configuration program and specify that your LOR network(s) are LOR Enhanced (there is an "Enhanced LOR Network" checkbox when you are in advanced mode).

Leave # of sections as 1. Nodes per section=50.

# of sections is meant for traditional (non-RGB) arches.

OK, got it (and that works - I tried it before answering this).  A little terminology change.