Light-O-Rama Forums
BillyT

Can't open last season sequences

Just as the title states, I can't open any of last seasons sequences. Error just says cannot open file. I have tried closing and reopening the app.

Regards,
BillyT

Where are you trying to open them from?

are you opening the true .lms file and not the .bak file?

If from the sequencer, I would check to make sure they id not get moved somehow to a different folder...

Do a search for your .lms files and try opening it from that folder location...

I was however able to load a sequence from 2013. Biggest difference I guess is more pixels last year

I set the LOR folder to the one I have always used. It's not a problem with finding the file, it's something to do with the way it was last year

I have no problem opening last years...do have a problem with the S4 visualizer not working though..

Actually it is last season's files. 2013 open ok, something about last season is not right. When I try to open them, I get the error message immediately. I guess I'll need to post one of them.

Regards,

BillyT

Cant open them in sequence editor or pixel editor?

Cant open them in sequence editor or pixel editor?

I tried opening Pixel Editor...over 10 minutes ago...still have message "Loading sequence file, please wait..."

and no way to cancel it...

Edited by jimswinder

I think I should add that this box is a dual boot system running windows 7 and 8.1. I loaded S4 on the 8.1 drive ©, but I am using the files on the 7 drive (D). 

I opened the apps as administrator and they opened and ran ok

Do you mean that after running as administrator, you were able to open the sequences that you had been having trouble opening?

If so, that sounds like a permissions issue.  Check the sequences in Windows Explorer to make sure that your Windows user account has permission to open them.

Do you mean that after running as administrator, you were able to open the sequences that you had been having trouble opening?

If so, that sounds like a permissions issue.  Check the sequences in Windows Explorer to make sure that your Windows user account has permission to open them.

Yes exactly. I checked doug's thought about the pixel editor and got the permission error, which then got me to load the exe in admin mode. It was late, didn't want to try anything more.

I started it yesterday and also got the load error message as above. Just sits there and no way to cancel it unless you kill the process itself. I'll try some more on it this afternoon.

If you get the error that the load failed and continue,  Program attempts for ever and can not be stopped.  Found that the files that were causing the error had duplicate address's (found with verifier).  Although it COULD be intentional in a display.  This will need to be allowed in the final release.

What program are you referring to? Could you please give the exact text of the error message, word for word and in full? Thanks.

My issue turned out to be 3 channels that somehow ended up on the wrong controller. The verifier program identified it so I was able to fix it. This is all on a new hardware profile for 2015 that I've created. Once the fix was implemented, the sequence loaded.