Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR's New Pixcon16

Darryl Lambert

I seen in the 4.0 release notes that LOR has developed a new pixel controller & I have a few questions.

1. Is this something that is going to be released this year?

2. Any idea on pricing?  Just approx I won't hold to it.

3. The release notes state it will handle multiple pixel types. Does this mean simultaneously? And if so how many ?

4. What is the power capacity of the board?

5. I see it has support for null pixels. Does it also have support for different layout configurations?  ie. zigzag

These answers are preliminary and subject to change.  The board is not yet available but it should be soon.

1 yes -- we hope

2 no

3 yes, but not simultaneously.  Board must be all 1 type of pixel

4 64A total

5 yes

We are currently updating the firmware so that it can also be used on a LOR network.

Now that will be cool!

We are currently updating the firmware so that it can also be used on a LOR network.

This brings up another question

If on the LOR network will it have to be on it's own network/ rs485 adapter due to the number of channels?

That is good. I take it that this controller will be running at high speed, however, will this controller work with the Gen.3 Director unit? 

If it was E1.31, and can be on the LOR network, would it be able to control normal LOR controllers over E1.31? Probably not but would be nice, especially for those who use Raspberry Pi's

Will it have any RS485 DMX outputs, how many SPI outputs, and will there be different versions?

Edited by EmmienLightFan

I would think it will be something like the CMB-24D, but for multiple universes. I'd also like to see the G3-MP3 Director handle more networks.

• 1 month later...

Wonder if you can daisy chain the regular controllers with the pixcon 16. Like you can do wth the ccp/ccb and ccr controllers

I'd also like to see the G3-MP3 Director handle more networks.

I totally agree. Otherwise I will need to go out & buy another computer. I doubt the computer I have now will be able to run Lor software 4 & all the commands. I hope Lor can come up with something. According to those two set ups then it looks like a pc is needed, but being that the red adapter is 500 speed then the gn3 player should be able to run that controller because it runs at 500 speed 

• The topic was locked