Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3 playing up

grandad

Strange this....... I compile two shows; SHOW01 has music and lights, SHOW02 has just lights for later evening, and the sequence used for this I also use as the "filler" between musical shows. SHOW01 runs fine, including the "filler" but when the time comes to change to SHOW02 I get lights-out :)

A check of the DC-MP3 at this time (lights-out) has the red "E" LED steady-on, the yellow "R" LED steady-blinking as if awaiting a scheduled show. The green "P" LED is of course steady. Controllers show synch'd. The device has v3 of the firmware, switch is in postion "A" and the sequences are all LOR-I.

Now the DC-MP3 manual does not cover the above LED states, so I'm hoping one of you guys / gals can throw some light on the subject (no pun intended :) )

Martin

Mountainwxman wrote:

Martin... on your final step, don't check the "Lock Step" feature. I get the same errors on the LED's too but mine seems to work like it should.

William, Thank you for your reply. I omitted to say that I do not check "Lock Step" in order to avoid the sync problem with the new firmware. I believe I took that advice from a previous post of yours. What puzzles me is that the device appears to be in an "un-defined" state. Indeed if I recall, it will not play again, at all, unless I reset it......I may be mistaken in this. I will try more tests tomorrow when, hopefully the weather is kinder!

Martin,

Are you still having this problem? It sounds like the DC-MP3 is not recognizing that there is a second show scheduled. I would rebuild the SHOW2 and put it on the SD card. Make sure that all days are schedule to run.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Well, at the moment the shows seem to be running OK. I haven't checked the status LEDs today but all started OK last evening and.... (pause to check netcam) they seem to have run as scheduled tonight. If they continue this way then no problem, but I am puzzled by the un-defined LED status. I have tinkered with the shows over a couple of days, which involved re-writing to the SD card so that may be a factor. From now I shall leave well alone until after the BIG day.

Happy Christmas to you and yours Dan, and indeed to all LOR'ers

Martin