Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there any word on the Christmas 2014 contest?

tomsusie

The contest is really just for them to collect videos for the site.  Usually you'll see the winners announced right before they announce next year's contest... sort of have to do that before you announce the next contest right?  Agree with the above, not really sure how much time goes into selection since getting the winners out seems to be a rushed job so they can announce the new contest.

Its seems I remember I think they said the judge would be a 13 yr old girl this year..

Maybe that is one of the reasons people keep asking what the favorite song for that age group is..

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even care so much about the winning (OK, let's be real, I'd love to win, but realistically there are a ton of good entries) - but my favorite part is looking at all the other entries. Wish they were posted at least...

(Yep, first time I've thought about the contest in a few months... as I'm officially gearing up for the 2015 lighting season starting this weekend. Inside. Because it's rained about a foot in the past week and even more coming this weekend. Ugh)

Edited by Stephen Blue

I don't know if they are posted anywhere else, but if you look up the user 'LightORama Christmas 2014' on youtube you can see all the entries (channel below).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpSuAiBSX3x_96KMeUySWoA

Edited by jrock_at_rons

Does it mean anything if your video is re-uploaded by LOR or is it just to organize submissions?

Does it mean anything if your video is re-uploaded by LOR or is it just to organize submissions?

They re-upload every video with their logo on the front end of it.

Spent a solid hour looking at other display videos yesterday. The itch is getting strong!

• 4 weeks later...