Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there any word on the Christmas 2014 contest?

tomsusie

I entered the 2014 Christmas Lighting contest but have not been able to find out anything about it since.  I was hoping to at least be able to view videos of the other entries.  Anyone have a status update on it?  I know it probably takes some time to judge all the entries. 

• 1 month later...

Kind of curious myself. Had a passing thought about display stuff this afternoon, and came to look to see.... and this is the only thread that came up... I know it's got to be a lot of work to view and judge all the videos. 

Shouldn't be that hard to judge. You know mine stood out. Just waiting on the notification as I've already picked everything out.

• Like 2

Wasn't Christmas in December? It's been 5 months.

So.  I don't have my 2014 videos up yet.  Still waiting on the video professional who shot and is putting everything together to have time to work on my donated project...  He'll get there....

So.  I don't have my 2014 videos up yet.  Still waiting on the video professional who shot and is putting everything together to have time to work on my donated project...  He'll get there....

It has taken a L-O-N-G  time in each of the last few years.  Wouldn't expect it before Halloween ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I havent been able to spend nearly as much as the big boys to have thousands and thousands of lights and over 100 controllers so I didnt waste time entering.. Costs to much money spent to win things now days..

• 3 weeks later...

If history is any indication they will announce the winners right before they announce this year's contest so you have a while to wait yet!

Oh wow. Wouldn't it just be great to win one of the 25 runner up prizes? Last year the runner up packages had a one year Gold Ticket Discount card with it. I hope I win that again this year. I think that would just be awesome as the discounts this last year saved me so much.

• 1 month later...

Maybe its a tie and they're trying to figure out how to break the tie!?

Tie goes to the.......... :D

Is not this Christmas only a few months away?

Do not understand why such a delay. Would have thought the announcements would have been out by at least May.

• 4 weeks later...

LOR is AWFUL when it comes to the contests.  They should have given up on them years ago.  Also, in years past, the decisions they make are pretty perplexing.  For Halloween a few years ago, they put a flash video of my house on their homepage advertising what kind of light show you could do for Halloween.  Because I had just entered my house in the contest, I pretty much thought it was in the bag...however... the winner ended up being some random, fairly rushed together looking Halloween sequence... it was weird.  After that, I politely asked that they take the video of my house off their page.   Immature on my part but, hey, I'm a pretty immature guy ;)  I love LOR, but their contests pretty much suck (at least when it comes to Halloween).

• Like 1