Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting Timings Fast and Easy

jstorms

Yup sure will. Keep in mind that you will need to create the c:\music folder (this is not the same as the normal music folder), and you  will need to save the script to this folder along with saving all of your exported labels from audacity into this folder as well. You can save those files any where you like but the commands i'm sending you will not work as written. 

If you need help creating the folder let me know. 

Thats sounds really great to me... I will set it up as you have and do it that way.

I was so completely lost with doing it and it looks like a really great way to get things done faster.. I will need help in getting it set up right...

If you want I can send you what I have and you can check it recheck/ reset  it etc. and send it back to me with what you want me to do with it.... Just tell me where you want me to stick it...  ;)

Thank You Very Very much...

I Know ... I Am A Pain in the PATOOT.... hahaha

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

Thank you again I look forward to bothering you more in the future when I get totally lost again... hahaha

You can have your script anywhere on your PC. You will just need to add a root path in windows to find the command. I have setup my script in a folder like "D:\scripts\". I use audicity to create my txt files for the timings in a folder for just that song. Then i can run the script by calling on its command and the script runs great.. 

This is going to be great.. I feel i can get more accomplished. Its going to make life much easier sequencing.

mpha, myself and Halfmoon, and probably some others aren't computer savey enough to know what you are talking about..

We know there are many who know how to do things like you suggested as well as how to type in commands on the command prompt etc.,  but we are not them..

That is why we are patiently waiting for Dan to get the sep by step way he does it done for us..

If you read all our posts you would know he tried to explain it to us and we have watched the video numerous times but we are waiting for Dan to give us the STEP BY STEP how to do it ... not just say,,, this is what you have to do .. 

but thanks for you input on it.

Thank you Dan.. I got the file you sent me and was going over it...

I did send my file back to you with a question about in and the files that I had made.

Thanks a million Dan

Again I want to thank both John and Dan. I haven't quite figured out on how and where to cut paste script. I'll review John's video again to see what I'm not making the connection. Dan what you sent was a big help.

Thanks again

Everyone.

I did get the email. I just haven't had a chance to look over it yet. I will tomorrow afternoon. If you are ava I can try and walk you through it tomorrow around 3pm central time. Let me know.

I knew from the beginning that throwing some PERL scripts out there would be skipping over quite a few basic concepts that depending on background somebody might not have been exposed to before. (I found a few of these gaps on my hardware background).

So while this doesn't cover all gaps this at least covers getting a hold of PERL and installing it. Note that for this application you don't need to install any add-on modules.

Hi All,

I decided to listen to John and take the excellent work he's done (along with his suggestion) and created a Windows program to import the Audacity timing file directly into an LOR sequence.  I called my new program LORTools with the idea that I can add additional tools in the future.  But the first tool it has is the 'Import Audacity Timings' tool.  Here is the main menu (it's still pretty basic):

post-14205-0-89864700-1441669783_thumb.p

All you can do at this point is click on the Import Audacity Timings buttion.  Here's the next screen:

post-14205-0-68206600-1441669774_thumb.p

So to import a timing file, you would follow these steps:

1.  Select the LOR sequence file.

2.  Select the Audacity Timing File.  This is the file you created when you exported the Labels from Audacity

3.  Enter the name that you'll want to call the timing grid in the LOR sequence file.

At this point you can just click the Process button if you want, but there are several other options you can use.

By default, the tool will make a backup copy of your Sequence file before it does any work.  The backup file is named <sequence file name>.LORTools.BAK.  This will keep any backup files made by LORTools separate from the backup files made by LOR.

By default, the tool will add the new timing grid with the next available SaveID number.  If you know what you're doing and want to specify a specific SaveID number, you can click the radio button and input the saveID number to use.

By default, the tool will import the Audacity timings as a new timing grid.  However, you can have it relpace an existing timing grid by checking the box and specifying the timing grid by either Name or SaveID. 

Thats it!

At this point it doesn't do the Polyphonic stuff from John's script, but I hope to add that after the season is over.

Now for all of the usual disclaimers:  I have no association to LOR and this is not used, endorsed, known about, supported, etc. by them.  I have done MINIMAL testing and am not responsible if it trashes your favorite sequence that took 80 days to make.  I have not tested this using the latest release of LOR software.  I'm quite sure it will not work on encrypted or locked sequences.  It's a beta version 1 program at this point that runs on my Windows 8.1 64 bit PC (so I don't know if it will run on a 32 bit machine or not)

If after all of the disclaimers you're still interested in it :) , I am happy to share it with all that would like a copy.  If enough people are interested, I might try to find someone who would be willing to host a copy on some type of file sharing service.

I would love to get your feedback and ideas for improving and adding to the toolset as well!

Joel

• Like 2

Hi Joel, I'd like to give your program a shot. Kudos to both you and Mr. Storms for your efforts on showing us lay people shortcuts in the sequencing arena.

msteiner57@yahoo.com

Joel,

I would like to have a copy of your program LORTools.

I appreciate your time in doing this as well as John Dan and for getting the ball rolling.

Thank you in advance.

Rick

halfmoonhr@comcast.net

Thank you. Now to watch it about 5 more times so I am not so dizzy 10 minute into it...  Thank god for the pause button. I am going to try this one step at a time.  Also How can I get this script?

Edited by ehgilman

Ok, when I down load the script, where do I put it? and then, It has been a very long time since I missed with HTML or DOS.  What are the commands?  (syntax)?

Thank you..

thanks for doing this Joel and offering it to us.  I would love to try this.  Just starting to play with Audacity so this should help.

Thank you!!

tommaync@yahoo.com

Got to put a huge shout out to Joel for this program. I just added some timings to a song with such ease, and a great benefit to that is you can stack the timings within the grid profile. Just for a test I used bars, onset, and poyphonic to see if all would create a grid within the sequence and sure enough,it did. Just opened up the grid display and all were there. Can't forget about Mr. Storms, a huge bow to him for getting the ball rolling. This helps me immensely as I have a band set up for halloween (Grim Reaper Band) and sequencing the drums is such a pain in the neck along with the singing, I have the lead singers head light up with the words

Thanks to all involved

• Like 1