Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy and paste from superstar to editor

ebrown1972

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this topic but thought I would start here. I sequenced a complete song in superstar having 64 regular channels and 1 ccp for 2 arches with 50 pixels each. I then exported this to the sequence editor. My ccp arches do not play in sync with the rest of the elements and only about half of the effects from the ccp arches will even play. The channel configuration is correct also....I then decided to copy the ccp arches by themselves and paste them into its own lms file and after doing so they play perfectly.....I then added the 64 regular channels and copied all of those effects from the sup file into the lms file and once again my ccp arches are out of whack and only about half of the effects for them will play....Am I missing a setting that maybe I don't know about? I have been copying and pasting by time.

I don't know if I have made this very clear or not but any help would be greatly appreciated....Also when I play the sequence in superstar it plays just fine and looks just fine.....But after exporting it to the sequence editor the ccp arches do not play correctly with the rest of the regular channels.

Thanks

I posted this question here rather than having if in the sequence editor forum. I thought I would be able to delete that post but I guess not. Sorry for duplicate post.

Using the Hardware Utility check the configuration of the CCR controller. Make sure it is in "Normal" mode and not in "Legacy" mode.

Also, have you tried playing the exported sequence from the sequence editor to the visualizer? If not, try that and see if it plays Ok?

Brian thanks for the response. I am using cosmic color pixels and I have the mode as dual normal with 2 unit id's.

I opened the visualizer and watched it play. It plays perfectly in that. No problems at all.

If I take out the 64 regular channels from the lms file it will play the pixel strings perfectly. When I put those channels back in it completely messes up the pixel strings. I don't understand what is going on. I have sequenced other songs with superstar and exported it to sequence editor with no problems at all with the same set up.

Brian,

I was doing this just to do a little testing. The only thing I had hooked up to my computer was my high speed usb485 to run my pixels which was the only lights I had hooked up. The thought hit me that maybe I needed to at least connect my usb485 that runs my regular network to my computer even though I was not testing out any of my other controllers. When I did this all the channels played correctly. I guess when testing its best to have all of your usb485's at least connected to your machine even if you dont have any other controllers connected. It took me nearly all night to figure this out lol.

Oh well, I guess thats how we learn.

Hmmm, that surprises me as well. Please email your visualization to brian@superstarlights.com

The visualization file will be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Visualizations / Editor