Light-O-Rama Forums

Convert 12 string to 16 string sequence

jerry72

Brian,

So here is my deal, i will be running a 16 string mega tree, A few of the sequences i plan to purchase have only been done in 12 string format, like the Armed forced medley. Let me see if what i plan to do will work. First i need to know how to go about converting CCR to RGB DMX. After i learn that, my plan was to create a sequence file with 800 nodes. I plan to copy the 12 string sequence, then paste the sequence 100 nodes down, essentially leaving 200 empty nodes at the top, and 100 empty nodes at the bottom of of the sequence. In theory this should place the sequence in the middle 12 strings leaving the outer 4 strings of the tree blank. I hope this plan will work. I have tell May to figure this all out, so plenty of time.

Actually I plan to provide a 16 string version of each of my 12 string sequences. The Armed Forces Medley is the first one I plan to do because it needs to be ready well before the 4th of July. I will bundle the 16 string version with the 12 string version at no extra charge. Those that have purchased the 12 string version in the past can email me and I will give them an activation code again so they can download the new installer and get the 16 string version at no extra charge.

As for having DMX strings, I will provide a DMX visualization. You would do the following:

1) Use the visualizer to set the DMX addresses to match your lights 

2) Open the sequence

3) Import the DMX visualization

4) Export the sequence

Actually I plan to provide a 16 string version of each of my 12 string sequences. The Armed Forces Medley is the first one I plan to do because it needs to be ready well before the 4th of July. I will bundle the 16 string version with the 12 string version at no extra charge. Those that have purchased the 12 string version in the past can email me and I will give them an activation code again so they can download the new installer and get the 16 string version at no extra charge.

As for having DMX strings, I will provide a DMX visualization. You would do the following:

1) Use the visualizer to set the DMX addresses to match your lights 

2) Open the sequence

3) Import the DMX visualization

4) Export the sequence

So i have already created a visualization fallowing your instructions for a DMX mega tree using the keywords in the comments section of the file. Instead of that i should use your visualization? Will it include the star as well? When you say open the sequence, do you mean open a SUP file in SS then import the VIZ file?

Glad to hear that you will be creating the 16 string sequences, will make it easier for me to do my sequences this year. Challenge will be the get the LED lights to work with the Mega tree.

The new visualization will use the DMX Pixel tool that the visualizer will have. The new visualization will include the star.

Yes, you are correct, in step 2) when I say open the sequence I mean open the SUP file. Step 3) means import the VIZ file.