Light-O-Rama Forums

Sandevices E1.31 Pixel Controller Help (Multicast to Unicast)

xrays911

Hi,

I have a Sandevices Pixel One controller that I purchased a couple years ago. I have been using it in Multicast Mode all along. The device is set with its default static IP of 192.168.1.206. My PC has always been set with a static IP of 192.168.1.52. I use a switch as a central point between the two devices. The controller functions pretty good in Multicast mode with this set-up, but we do experience a little lag. It was suggested to me that I should move this into Unicast mode because Unicast mode is more efficient. So I went in my LOR network configs and changed from Multicast to Unicast (see attached screen shot). I then closed the LOR app completely and restarted the control panel. Now when I try to run a sequence I get nothing from that device. The comm listener appears to still see the device (see attached screen cap). I verified the settings in the controller set-up page (see yet another screen cap). I'm lost. Not sure what could be causing the lack of communication. Does anyone have any ideas?

I really appreciate everyone's time!

Jill

post-10174-0-81554000-1425660497_thumb.j

post-10174-0-56852100-1425660508_thumb.j

post-10174-0-98830700-1425660857_thumb.j

You need to change the Sandevices board to also use uni-cast.  Unless you changed that, it's still looking for multi-cast traffic.

I got this figured out and wanted to put it out there for anyone who may be experiencing the same issue. I took at look at the Sandevices website and found they have a new firmware release which allows you to easily change from Multicast to Unicast! I updated the firmware and it works like a charm!

Ah, it makes sense that you did not see it.  You stated the board was several years old and I would assume it had version 2.xxx firmware which did not support unicast.  Glad you got the firmware update and figured out the unicast.  Version 4 is far easier to work with in my opinion too....

You need to update the firmware on the board.

Oops. Last post poped in while I was sending this.

Edited by dougd

After reading the op setup it brings a question into my mind. Does the computer IP have to be higher than the device ip?

Jeff

Thanks Saxon! Working on some new things for 2015! Very excited to be getting an early start this year!