Light-O-Rama Forums

new to this how do I hook up two monitors

msavage

how do I hook up 2 monitors one to see seq. and other to see vis.

Does your computer support more than one monitor? You'll need to figure that out, but if it does, simply hook up the second monitor and have at it. You'll be able to move programs from one monitor to the other as needed.

If memory serves me.

You would also need to go into the control panel and modify the display for two monitors and it will let you name the monitors (ie 1 and 2), and that is also where you tell it the size of each monitor. 

So I guess you need to start with a video card with 2 video outputs? My desktop is due for some upgrades could someone make some suggestions for video cards?

Thanks,

Mike

There are so many cards to choose from. I too am an NVIDIA man. Have been forever.

The 760 is hard to get these days. But here is a very nice card. Newegg is always cheaper than best buy and almost always cheaper than Amazon. You can do some nice searches on their website to get a card that works with your monitors. This card just happens to have 2 dvi outputs.

I am running an asus 660ti. It works great. But it's not so shiny. Or in other words, it is getting old.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125502

You can also buy a adapter that plugs into a USB port for about $70.00 to give you the second monitor. fry's electronics sells them

• 4 weeks later...

There is a new Nvidia GTX960 with decent specs

I used a GTX 750 for sequencing last year, worked great

Edited by wmilkie