Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware utility not seeing controllers

Gerry Van Cleve

Last night during editing, and stop and start of the show, I blew a breaker. After reset I had lost connectivity to my three controllers. I was able to reconfigure controller 2 the harware utility found it. Controllers 1 & 3 show a steady red LED but will not show up after refresh to reinitialise. I've also powered down the controllers and tried different cables, again, no luck. Everything has been working fine for a couple of weeks. Any suggestions? My show will be pretty lame on 1 controller. Thanks for any help.

Gerry Van Cleve wrote:

Last night during editing, and stop and start of the show, I blew a breaker. After reset I had lost connectivity to my three controllers. I was able to reconfigure controller 2 the harware utility found it. Controllers 1 & 3 show a steady red LED but will not show up after refresh to reinitialise. I've also powered down the controllers and tried different cables, again, no luck. Everything has been working fine for a couple of weeks. Any suggestions? My show will be pretty lame on 1 controller. Thanks for any help.

What type of controllers do you have?

Lite-O-Rama 16 channel per controller. 1602W Model 3. I've been able to reconnect by initializing all of the controllers one at a time using the Hex assignment and renaming them. After a breaker trip, I have to repeat the process again with each controller individually. I do have the Channel switches set at 01, 02, & 03 but it will not locate them on refresh. Is this somthing I have to live with? Seem's every other day at one time or another I lose a breaker. And yeah I know I'm pressing them but gotta do what I gotta do. The show must go on. Thanks.

I also have the same problem with my newst controller. I have three controllers all are CTB-16D .if the power goes out wether I have the third controller with the group or even alone when it comes back up after the power has been off the thrid and newest controller will not showup in the hardware refresh the only way to get it tocome back is to goto Change Exisiting ID choose Any unit and on New unit ID choose 03. Set New Unit ID does not work at all. please help