Light-O-Rama Forums

Missing RGB channels

mackdave

I created a sequence in SS then exported to SE and opened it, I was missing alot of the channels, ex( first pixel only showed channel 2, missing 1 and 3.)

SuperStar applies a "dimming curve" to the channels to make the LEDs in the RGB lights dim more smoothly. The result of applying a dimming curve is that intensities that are dim become dimmer. For example, 50 will become an intensity of about 25, 30 will become an intensity of about 9. Intensities that are lower than 30 will be hard to see in the sequence editor.

In the sequence editor you can hover the mouse over a channel and it will show the intensity of the red, green and blue elements. Check to see if channels 1 and 3 truly are missing or if they are real dim.

If they are truly missing, please email your .sup file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will export it to see if I can duplicate the problem. The .sup file will be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / SuperStar / Sequences

Also, it shouldn't matter, but what version of superstar are you running? The version is in the top left of superstar and will be something like v3.9.0

• Like 1

I think they are missing. I'm trying to make a pixel tree non LOR pixels. Do you want the viz file and the sup file. Where do I send the file.

Yes, send the visualization and the sup file to brian@superstarlights.com

The visualization file will be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Visualizations / Editor

The sup file will be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / SuperStar / Sequences

I went into SS and add a all white morph from top to bottom saved and all the channels exported. It looked like it was only exporting the channels with colors I used.

So it looks like its working?

Yes as long as I use Red Green and Blue in the sequence, if I just use green, it seems to be the only channel exported.

It should be exporting all the channels even if the sequence is empty. Please email your visualization file to brian@superstarlights.com   I would like to take a look at it.

Since upgrading to 3.12.2 I see the same when exporting.

As long as I use all 3 colors then all 3 export.  If I don't use all 3 then whatever color I don't use is not exported.

Have to admit it is rare that I don't use all 3 colors on an element in any given song so I don't know if this has been there before.  But I did just notice it after the upgrade.

Visualization file is the same as 3.12

I received the files last night and I did duplicate the problem. It looks like a bug I introduced in 3.12.2.

I am working on a fix. It will fix it in the next release.