Light-O-Rama Forums

Sneak Peak of LOR SW Updates - Pixel Editor

jstorms

Sneak peak of up and coming LOR software updates from the Austin Area Mini get together. Sorry for the poor video quality, all I had on me was my phone.

Okay. You have my attention! I was way more excited after watching this. Wish I'd been in Austin to see this live. (only 6 hrs away.. dangit). Would have been so much more memorable than watching the Oscars flop on TV.

Yep Randall. Close to your backdoor. I would be more than happy to start testing it for them.  I am a little over 40K channels in this years show. If it can be broken I can break it..... LOL

I'd like to see a demo of combining Superstar effects with Nutcracker.  I assume you'll just import SS into this new pixel editor and fill in the blank spaces with NC effects.  It will be nice to see it all on the same preview.

Open up your wallets - LOR isn't giving this away for free.

If LOR does not move to a 64 bit software I am saving my money. The loading and saving is killing me at this point. Installing a new channel config is a killer to. All the tools are great but if the main software cant run what good will it be. This is my 8th year with LOR and I plan on staying with them. Due to file size I may have to play this years show in xlights unless LOR has something better then I will spend a few bucks.

We have seen a small taste of what is coming out so is it much to ask for an update from LOR?

If LOR does not move to a 64 bit software I am saving my money. The loading and saving is killing me at this point. Installing a new channel config is a killer to. All the tools are great but if the main software cant run what good will it be. This is my 8th year with LOR and I plan on staying with them. Due to file size I may have to play this years show in xlights unless LOR has something better then I will spend a few bucks.

We have seen a small taste of what is coming out so is it much to ask for an update from LOR?

Back when Dan was doing the updates on the new version, didn't he make the comment that this new version would be 64 bit which was one of the reasons it was taking so long to get it out?

If you want to complain about the lack of communication, I would suggest filling out a help desk ticket.

While I don't work for LOR I can say that is the most effective way of reaching them. Cluttering up another thread isn't going to solve the problem.

Well I am looking forward to anything new to try out. No sense in speculating when, where, what or how much. I will carry on building props and hopefully we will see something definitive soon.

• Like 1

Agree with the admin on clutter on the post. We are on topic of a sneak peek of the update so all stated does fit the topic by the OP.

Lack of communications and help desk ticket? Would that get an answer? I have plenty of time to wait and keep building props like dougd stated.

Jeff

Pretty sad when a LOR Forum Administrator (whether paid or not...though he is a LOR Partner) considers paying customers' discussion about the company's future software release "clutter", in a thread that is about that topic no less (in the LOR Software section of the LOR forum).  His post is the one that stands out like a sore thumb in my opinion.  Not sure where in this post he felt there was "complaining about the lack of communication" anyway.  Well, I guess the fact that he considers that lack of communication from the company a "problem" is a start though. :rolleyes:

So who gave this sneak peak presentation at the Austin mini?  (John, too bad you didn't have one of these.)

• Like 1

Thanks for the video. Got a little sea sick watching it after a while ;-)

The interface looks interesting. Glad that it is similar to the LOR3 interface. Learning curve hopefully won't be as steep. It really would be nice to find out about the licensing. That way I can plan out my budget (which is limited) for the upcoming season.

Again very excited about this announcement :-)

We will be releasing a beta next month. This is absolute, 100%.... We will start releasing information about the new software on Tuesday March 3rd. (or today...) I will say now, that there is a new method for storing "pixel" type data that is created in the new Pixel Editor(always) and in Super Star(optionally). With this scheme, the time to load a sequence is very small and has nothing to do with 32bits or 64bits but rather it is due to design. In the old design when loading a sequence, the entire sequence was loaded before play started. With the new scheme data is read as needed and only the data necessary to play "now" and in the near future is kept in memory so sequence size has a minimal affect on the time it takes to start playing.  As well, the time to load/save a sequence with one of the editors is reduced because only high level commands are loaded and saved. 

Dan

Dan, thank you for the update.   I check the forum daily, anxiously awaiting word on the software update, and just stumbled on this thread.  I am anxious to get started with the new software.  I too "LIKE" your post.