Light-O-Rama Forums

what is the 'official' format for audio files

jjerpbak

When I first started this, I was Using MP3 128. I was having problems with switching between play range (full sequence and visible screen). I though that I had read that bumping up the kbps to 192 or above would help. I converted them to 320 and my problem went away.

Now with LORII, I'm having the same problem (still using 320kbps).

So.....is MP3 128kbps the way to go?

Keep in mind I don't use the director card, and I'm using 1.5.0 on my show machine.

However, I've always made it a habit to use .WAV files for my sequences. Less CPU time (on the 233mhz show machine) while playing, and overall less chance of LOR/WMP reading the MP3 wrong.

After reading posts similair to Don's on PC over the last couple of years, I started using WAV files when I first bought my controllers and have never had one lick of trouble. They are a little bit large on the hard drive, but that's about it. Rock solid, and not a worry about timing whatsoever....And I think with WAV files ripped from a CD you'll end up with higher quality audio than an MP3 at 128...

Randy

Hmm...interesting.
All my songs are mp3 @ 128 and everything seems to be working just fine. Right now, about the only problem I see...I have about a 1 foot section of rope light out.

I had some on again off again problems with MP3 whether or not it had been recoded in Audacity or not. So I changed to WAV format and have NEVER had a problem since. Like was said above, there is also less CPU overhead when playing them though they do take a lot more HD space.