Light-O-Rama Forums

240 Volt Main Connect

Cblood

I have searched the site and although I see a few things on 240 volt hook up there is no real explanation. I see jumpers on the boards and while easy to move, what is the exact wiring that will take place from the panel to the LOR....

I'm assuming that 1 neutral and 2 hots and the jumper on the LOR board takes care of the loading of the neutral.

Can someone who has utilized the 240 connection comment as to the correct hook up of the input connectors

Thanks

Curt

Curt

The 240V hookup is to allow the LOR boards to operate in non US countries where the mains supply is typically 240V 50Hz operation. The jumper as I understand it selects a different tap to control the voltage output from the on-board transformer which supplies the on-board electronics. I believe the power electronics (tri-acs) handle 110 or 240V supply without problems.

For our 240V supply, the connection is the same as in the US - one hot wire and a neutral.

Regards Geoff

I order to run lor controllers at max amperage, they are designed to run two 120volt inputs from say two seperate 20 amp breakers, simply put it divides a sixteen channel controller into two 8 eight channel controllers at 15 or 20 amps depending on the controller. At least that is my understanding. I may be full of soup.