Light-O-Rama Forums

2 channels only putting out 96 volts

rick gorman

I assembled 6-CTB16KD boards. All circuits tested ok. Put the boards out in the display, they all worked fine for a day. Now one board has channel 3 and 6 only putting out 96 volts and will not light 1 string of mini lights. Any ideas that might not require bringing the board in. Other wise I will just run a few longer cords to a couple of extra channels on the other side of the yard.

A few more thoughts...

1) Have you tried using the hardware utility?
2) 96 volts should light a string of mini's, albeit dimly... Something seems screwy there.
3) How are you testing voltage? e.g. at the board's terminal's, at the output cords... It might be possible you have a loose neutral and are getting a false reading from your meter...

-Tim

Tim.

The hardware utility doesn't see this controller. Never did. It is unit 10. But the rest of it works. I tested the voltage right on the board terminals. Probably something simple I am missing. I thought 96 volts would light the lights dimly also.

When using the hardware utility, what do you have max units set for? If you board is set to 0x10, then you need to have max units be at least 16 decimal to see it. Bump it up to 20 to be safe and you'll probably see it.

dslowik wrote:

When using the hardware utility, what do you have max units set for? If you board is set to 0x10, then you need to have max units be at least 16 decimal to see it. Bump it up to 20 to be safe and you'll probably see it.

I was using 14 units. Bumped it up to 21 and now I see the board...thanks...Still 2 channels out. I will try a couple of things tomorrow...if no luck I will use other spare channels and figure it out after the holiday when I take the board in.