Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone have a Viz file for a light Pole or fire stick ?

Big Sanch Mafia

I'm creating two 7' poles with a star on top. 6 channels for each pole and 1 ch for the star. wondering if anyone has a viz file for the prop that i can use?

Thanks Chad

If it's not already too late, I'd strongly recommend an odd number of channels for the poles - either 7 or 9. The sequencing options are significantly more numerous and IMO way better.

The Vis has Wizards that make the prop a snap. Just use the Arch Wizard and make it straight instead of curved.

• Like 1

If it's not already too late, I'd strongly recommend an odd number of channels for the poles - either 7 or 9. The sequencing options are significantly more numerous and IMO way better.

The Vis has Wizards that make the prop a snap. Just use the Arch Wizard and make it straight instead of curved.

Hey George,

not too late at all..i was originally thinking 7ch and the 8th for the star. so i would use up 1 controller for the 2 sticks. 

what do you recommend for string length/bulb count per channels. i'll be using M6 LED.. 100 or 150.

Thanks for the Vis tip.

My preference was to use 100 ct M6.  I chose that because that's the way I made my first poles/arches with incans.  For me, 100 LEDs per channel/segment is plenty bright.

My preference was to use 100 ct M6.  I chose that because that's the way I made my first poles/arches with incans.  For me, 100 LEDs per channel/segment is plenty bright.

and would you say 1ft per 100? or how tall are your poles? I was thinking 7' pole with 18" star

Thanks for the feedback

I think one foot per hundred lights is a good target if you're using 3/4" pvc.  My poles are just a tad over 10' tall and they have 9 channels. 

My arches have 7 channels and they're approximately 9 ft long.  You might save a little length if you wrap the lights super-tight,  but don't look for saving very much.

Hey George,

not too late at all..i was originally thinking 7ch and the 8th for the star. so i would use up 1 controller for the 2 sticks. 

what do you recommend for string length/bulb count per channels. i'll be using M6 LED.. 100 or 150.

Thanks for the Vis tip.

Unless you're planning on using each stick independantly I'd just branch off to both sticks with one channel each and still have half your controller left to use for something else. I plan on creating 4 9 CH fire sticks along my driveway next year and just running it off 9 Channels and alot of extension cords.

I think one foot per hundred lights is a good target if you're using 3/4" pvc.  My poles are just a tad over 10' tall and they have 9 channels. 

My arches have 7 channels and they're approximately 9 ft long.  You might save a little length if you wrap the lights super-tight,  but don't look for saving very much.

Thanks for the advice..i'll play around with it

Unless you're planning on using each stick independantly I'd just branch off to both sticks with one channel each and still have half your controller left to use for something else. I plan on creating 4 9 CH fire sticks along my driveway next year and just running it off 9 Channels and alot of extension cords.

yes, i plan to use them independently. you have a lot off options this way. i was originally planning to use a controller up on the two stick but thought if i only went with 6 ch. per i would gaina few extra channels. but odd number tend to look better.

I know oil money is tight these days, but if you put pencil and paper to it, I think you'll discover there's not much price difference between running 36 channels' worth of extension cords compared to picking up three controllers. When you look at the price difference compared to the veritable plethora of sequencing options available with each channel on each pole sequenced individually, and compared to the headache of dealing with all those cords, I think it's as close to a no-brainer decision as you'll ever see in this hobby.

I have two poles 9 segments on each pole I use 50ct dumb rgb nodes on each segment the pole I use has an O D of 1 7/8 dia so when you wrap the lights tight the spacing of the bulbs looks good my poles are 10 ft tall I control this with a 27 channel dmx controller this way you have any color on any segment.

DUH! I keep forgetting all about dumb RGB nodes. When I think dumb RGB my mind automatically visualizes a ribbon.

Edited by George Simmons

• 1 year later...

wouldn't a light pole/ fire stick just basically be a arch that is made straight and standing upright and not set as a arch? and in that case you can use the arch wizard in the visulizer to make it.

Same if you want to make a circle. Use the arch maker in vis. Just make two and put them together.

• 6 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2015 at 0:34 AM, oilmoney said:

how did  it come out