Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple Sandevice e682 Setup with Lor S3

anthonyrusso3

Was wondering how to setup multiple e682 controllers with lor, I ran the setup program for the 3 controllers 1st Controller ws2811 Pixels universe 1 - 4, 2nd universe 5 - 8, 3rd I can only do 9 through 12 with the end channel address going to an extreme number  I guess because it wont allow over thirteen ? So How am I suppose to setup for more than two controllers ? 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• k6ccc

• anthonyrusso3

• John (oldandslow)

• KStatefan

Was wondering how to setup multiple e682 controllers with lor, I ran the setup program for the 3 controllers 1st Controller ws2811 Pixels universe 1 - 4, 2nd universe 5 - 8, 3rd I can only do 9 through 12 with the end channel address going to an extreme number  I guess because it wont allow over thirteen ? So How am I suppose to setup for more than two controllers ? 

Just assign it a different address; for example, if you are using 10.10.10.01 for your first controller, assign the next one to 10.10.10.02

I Assigned the 3 controllers different addresses  but when i want to setup for universes I wanted the first controller for universe 1 -4, Second for 5 - 8, third for 9 thru 12, and I want to get a fourth  but setup does not go over 12, And in Lor's network preferences to setup for universe 13 there is no way to setup the sandevice controller for universe 13

Each e682 has 6 universes you change the IP address on each controller than you use 1 thru 6 universes on each cotroller just like an lor controller you change the ID number on each unit but you still number the channels 1 thru 16

In the DMX tab in LOR Network Preferences select each universe one at a time and enter the IP for the controller that will control that universe.

In lor unv 1 setup for ip 192.168.1.206 same for univ 2, 3 , 4 .   Universe 5 -8 Setup for 192.168.1.207.     Universe 9 - 12 setup for 192.168.1 208   Know theres now way to setup three different ip addresses for universe 1 and theres no way to setup sandevice for universe 13. Im Feeling So confused........

Anyone Want to call me.......

You can change the range of universes that each E6xxx controller listens for,  you don't have to start at universe 1 on every controller.

Call up the web config page for each sandevices controller and change the universe numbers it listens for.

Tim

Thanks Everyone for the help Matt helped me out yesterday, and yes thanks for the reply tim it was the range of universes .  But why were on the subject my third controller ports 3 -1 to 3 - 4 and 4 -1 to 4 - 4 I had to setup for  Color Order BRG  while all the others are setup for RGB any quick fixes for this problem would like to keep them all the same ?

Anthony,

Different light strings are built different.  You have no control of them.  Just set the controller to match whatever the lights are.

These light strings on two of my controllers are rgb in the setup but in this controller it wants to be different ?

We all refer to it as RGB, but in many cases the required order in the data stream needs to be some other order. You have no control over how the strings are manufactured. All you can do is tell the controller card how the manufacturer of the lights actually built them. This has nothing to do with how you treat it in SE. In SE, it will always be RGB. If this does not make sense, I'll give a longer answer when I'm not trying to type a novel on my phone.

But these lights come up on two other controllers as rgb, so that led me to believe the controller is different ?

But these lights come up on two other controllers as rgb, so that led me to believe the controller is different ?

You set the color order that you want in the controller set up screen.

for some reason my third controller if if i set it up to rgb and run the test mode the colors are wrong to correct it I have to change the color order to BRG ? and only for 3 -1 to 3-4 and 4-1 to 4-4

Its the lights. Still on my phone, so hard to type a novel. PM me your phone number for a detailed answer.

• 1 month later...

I Assigned the 3 controllers different addresses  but when i want to setup for universes I wanted the first controller for universe 1 -4, Second for 5 - 8, third for 9 thru 12, and I want to get a fourth  but setup does not go over 12, And in Lor's network preferences to setup for universe 13 there is no way to setup the sandevice controller for universe 13

682 controllers support a max of 12 universes in Unicast, that is why you are not seeing 13 or more universes.