Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone Dealt With These Guys - GUANYI LIGHT-DECORATION CO.

jimswinder

I just asked for a quote on some lights..since they don't show any pricing anywhere...will let you know.

well..they are quick:

M5 Green LED LIGHTS
Spacing:4"x4"
Number of  lamp:100L

Quantity : 24 Strings
Price : US$10.30/string
Shiped via DHL/FEDEX/UPS total shipping cost : US$90.00

so with shipping $14.05 per string...

Compared to CDI's Pre-Order sale price of $15.50 per string WITHOUT shipping...
Edited by jimswinder

The one thing to look out for when dealing with China... Quality! I have had conversations with some of our lighting vendors, and some lights are great, some are crap. I always order 1 string for testing and playing. If it works good, then I order more.

Thanks Jim. I like the direction this is going. Did they send you a price list or just a quote on that one size? Those 25-light strings would sure solve a lot of things for me.

Just the one item George...will send you her email when I get home tonight and u can get a quote

I have samples coming,,,will let you know. :)

thanks...they look like the ones I have gotten from CDI and other vendors...

When you say samples..did you just order some strings, or are they sending you actual samples?

Edited by jimswinder

thanks...they look like the ones I have gotten from CDI and other vendors...

When you say samples..did you just order some strings, or are they sending you actual samples?

They are sending actual Samples he Said. They have shipping options besides Oceanliner, (Large Quantity). He did say he could ship DHL, FEDEX, if I have an account with them.(SHipping co's)

I have been going back and forth with them. Trying to come up with a secure way for payment. 

keep us posted...

From what I understand they Take Telegraph Transfer which I was told to contact my Bank about.

I wouldn't trust cash, check, money order or bank transfer. You need to insure yourself in case you need to get your money back such as Paypal or credit card.

I will be letting him know about the large sales opportunities that he would have with all of us , providing quality is good (I'll shoot a short video)

He is shipping 1 red and 1 green M5 set for me as samples. I think he also can do FOB... maybe even collect on delivery. I'll post more when the lights arrive.

2-4 weeks. OY. :)

I asked them for a price quote on 25 light sets of M5.  Before shipping they range between $2.79 - $3.08 per string in case quantities (24 sets).  I'm still waiting on a quote for shipping but I'm guessing it will be high.

Peoples :)

Here is the email I sent him about the Forums:

Hi Jason,

You are probably getting a lot of quote requests from the USA right now… I am part of a larger group of people that purchase large quantities (for us the case level is more than most people purchase) of lights to animate them in our Christmas displays.

(link: https://www.vimeo.com/kiplorenzo/albums) Your company does stand a good chance to make a lot of money through the light group that I am part of (forums.lightorama.com).  The group is curious to know if your company has any other method of receiving payment for goods (upfront payment prior to shipment of course.) such as a PayPal Account (www.paypal.com), or Ali-Express.com. Could you also tell me a couple of larger companies that have purchased lights from you?  And 1 more question (lol) does your company make Icicle (picture enclosed) Lights?

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Kip 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gang,

So the Samples of Lights Arrived.I have taken a few photos for Comparison. They Do make Icicle lights, but need detailed Specs. the Comparison is at https://plus.google.com/photos/112214082692307028280/albums/6114046658296902465?banner=pwa

The White Cord is the Icicle Lights bought from Christmas Central. The Green Wire is What Jason shipped to me.

The fixture is slimmer than the icicle fixture.  I currently have no M5 lights besides an Icicle or a Net to compare it to. They seem to be decent quality, not just welded together. I can't say if they are sealed, but when I tried to pull a bulb off, it didn't come off. The Manufacturer also did not include any extra bulbs but did include a small batch of Vampire plugs...Male, Female and Extension. The Icicle lights do have replaceable bulbs, and was glad for that with the Ice cube sized hail we had last November.

Thoughts?  I did talk to him about paypal and DHL. the only challenge he has (which i can understand from a business perspective) is the 3.9% that paypal charges to get the money that is deposited.