Light-O-Rama Forums
BrianBruderer

Price Reduction for SuperStar Licenses and FREE upgrade

With the first release that I did of SuperStar before it was a part of the Light-O-Rama software suite, the way I came up with the pricing was to have it be 10% of the cost of the CCRs that it can export. CCRs were about $250 each, and 2 CCRs cost $500 so the 2 CCR license was about $50. I did the same for the 4 CCR license and the 8 CCR license, their cost was 10% of the price of the number of CCRs they would export. 4 CCRs cost $1000 so the license was about $100. 8 CCRs cost $2000 so the license was about $200. At the time, 24 CCRs was the highest license I supported because almost nobody had more than that at the time. And there were design issues that made it easier to limit the software to 24 CCRs.

If I followed the same cost structure and had a 12 CCR license, then the cost of the 12 CCR license would have been $300. And the price of a 16 CCR license would be $400. I chose to just have the 24 CCR license and have it be $300 with the idea that it was the same price as what a 12 CCR license would be, so you were getting the ability to export 24 CCRs for the price of 12.

I guess currently the price of an 8 CCR license is $99.95. It might make sense to add a 12 CCR license for a cost of $150. That's something to consider.

Tried to upgrade tonight from 24 CCRs to 40 CCRs.  After reregistering, nothing changed.  Could this be because I am using v. 4.3.18?

Edited by Lee T.
Put wrong version in post.

The upgrade should work regardless of the version you are running. You should have received an email with a key code in it. Launch the Sequence Editor, click on the Help menu and select register and enter the key code. Then launch superstar again and you should see 40_CCR at the top of superstar

So I can't find the new prices. They are the same as they were in 2016 on the LOR web site. Or were these the prices all the time.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So I can't find the new prices. They are the same as they were in 2016 on the LOR web site. Or were these the prices all the time.

Note that this thread started in January of 2015. That's when the price change took place.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

I just saw this thread for the first time. I have been dark this year so haven't been looking in very much.. Anyway, I have version 4.3.18 with 40 CCR lic and can't seem to figure out how to get that upgrade to 60.  I also have never actually used the Super star because when I tried it was not fun.. I think it may have changed some.. would like to get the free upgrade.. how do I do that?

Assuming you had bought the 40CCR license prior to the price change two years ago, then just re-register your LOR software and the upgraded SuperStar license number will appear.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

14 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Assuming you had bought the 40CCR license prior to the price change two years ago, then just re-register your LOR software and the upgraded SuperStar license number will appear.

Tried that... what came up was that it no upgrade needed.. but still only 40 CCRs

14 minutes ago, plasmadrive said:

Tried that... what came up was that it no upgrade needed.. but still only 40 CCRs

I would just send in a ticket, they will know when you purchased SS as it would be in their records. Just explain in the ticket that you just found out about the upgrade and would like to have it applied.

5 hours ago, plasmadrive said:

I looked at your license.  You did get the free upgrade:

On 2011-10-30 18:27:17 you purchased the 24 CCR version of Superstar.  On 2015-01-19 00:00:00 (the update day), you were upgraded to the 40 CCR version.

Upgrade Purchase History

Original Date Original Feature Level New Date New Feature Level Vendor Invoice
2011-05-23 17:01:46 4000 2011-10-30 18:27:17 4008 Light-O-Rama  
2011-10-30 18:27:17 4008 2012-11-29 11:05:57 4008 Light-O-Rama  
2012-11-29 11:05:57 4038 2015-07-01 06:32:05 5038 Light-O-Rama  

10/30/2011 - That is your purchase of 24 CCR version of Superstar.  4000 = Advanced/Demo.  4008 = Advanced/24 CCR

11/29/2012 - License Renewal.  4008 = Advanced/24 to 4008 = Advanced/24.

Jan 2015 - We updated the database with a program.  4008 = Advanced/24 to 4038 = Advanced/40.  There is no line in the table because it was not a purchase.

07/01/2015 - License Upgrade from Advanced to Pro.  4038 = Advanced/40 to 5038 = Pro/40.

/\/\/\

That's farther back than the tax man, and my Credit Union. Great to know someone keeps records.

JR

1 hour ago, DevMike said:

I looked at your license.  You did get the free upgrade:

On 2011-10-30 18:27:17 you purchased the 24 CCR version of Superstar.  On 2015-01-19 00:00:00 (the update day), you were upgraded to the 40 CCR version.

Upgrade Purchase History

Original Date Original Feature Level New Date New Feature Level Vendor Invoice
2011-05-23 17:01:46 4000 2011-10-30 18:27:17 4008 Light-O-Rama  
2011-10-30 18:27:17 4008 2012-11-29 11:05:57 4008 Light-O-Rama  
2012-11-29 11:05:57 4038 2015-07-01 06:32:05 5038 Light-O-Rama  

10/30/2011 - That is your purchase of 24 CCR version of Superstar.  4000 = Advanced/Demo.  4008 = Advanced/24 CCR

11/29/2012 - License Renewal.  4008 = Advanced/24 to 4008 = Advanced/24.

Jan 2015 - We updated the database with a program.  4008 = Advanced/24 to 4038 = Advanced/40.  There is no line in the table because it was not a purchase.

07/01/2015 - License Upgrade from Advanced to Pro.  4038 = Advanced/40 to 5038 = Pro/40.

Thanks DevMike.. I don't remember that but I'm sure it must have happened.. ha ha..

Like I said, I have never actually been able to figure out the SS.. hopefully it's better now.. I may take another crack at it.. But the pixel count may be to low to be useful at 40

1 hour ago, BrianBruderer said:

I'm happy to help if you have any questions.

How about an online class or something like George does. I have had SS for two years and just haven't got the feel for it yet so not much use. I find myself using Xlights then converting to SE.

50 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

How about an online class or something like George does. I have had SS for two years and just haven't got the feel for it yet so not much use. I find myself using Xlights then converting to SE.

Seconded, great idea seeing how I am adding pixels this year

I'll third it - and I've been using SuperStar for five years. Keep learning new stuff too.

There are some video tutorials, go to the lightorama main page, click on "support" then click on "Tutorials / PDFs". The SuperStar tutorials are near the bottom. The first two tutorials on scenes and morphs give a good introduction.

After that, if you want to set up a time for me to remote into your computer and give personal help, I can do that. The first 30 minutes is at no charge, after that I charge $40 per hour. If you want to set up a day and time send an email to brian@superstarlights.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

There are some video tutorials, go to the lightorama main page, click on "support" then click on "Tutorials / PDFs". The SuperStar tutorials are near the bottom. The first two tutorials on scenes and morphs give a good introduction.

After that, if you want to set up a time for me to remote into your computer and give personal help, I can do that. The first 30 minutes is at no charge, after that I charge $40 per hour. If you want to set up a day and time send an email to brian@superstarlights.com

That's pretty cool right there. I will be upgrading and getting the SS add on really soon.

JR

Hi Brian, is this offer still valid. I am now seeing this thread. I have the 24CCR license and I tried Re-Registering but nothing changes

5 hours ago, bajantechie said:

Hi Brian, is this offer still valid. I am now seeing this thread. I have the 24CCR license and I tried Re-Registering but nothing changes

This thread started in 2015. The prices are lower than they were then. I believe the prices are the same as the 2016 prices.

Unless I am wrong there is no current sale on licensing upgrades and prices are posted on the store. 

JR

11 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

This thread started in 2015. The prices are lower than they were then. I believe the prices are the same as the 2016 prices.

Unless I am wrong there is no current sale on licensing upgrades and prices are posted on the store. 

JR

I am understanding that the op had the 24 CCR license prior to the price change but didn't upgrade because they didn't know about it. They recently registered it again and they want the thier license upgraded to the 40 CCR which would have happened if they were using the license or upgraded when the price changed.

OP,  you can contact the help desk as they will have records when you purchased your 24 CCR license.

If you had your license in Jan 2015 when this was posted, you were automatically granted the next higher license (we did that with an update on our server).  All you have to do is re-register.

If you purchased your license/renewal AFTER this was posted, your purchase was made with the new lower prices.

Either way, you would have received your free upgrade, or cheaper price.