Light-O-Rama Forums
BrianBruderer

Price Reduction for SuperStar Licenses and FREE upgrade

BrianBruderer    141

The price of the SuperStar license levels have all been reduced! In addition, existing holders of a SuperStar license get a free upgrade to the next license level.  All you need to do is re-register your software with your existing license key and you will get the upgrade.

Also, a new 60 CCR license level has been added.

Here are the old and new prices of the license levels:

old price    new price
  2 CCRs    49.95         29.95
  4 CCRs    99.95         49.95
  8 CCRs   199.95        99.95
24 CCRs   299.95      199.95
40 CCRs   399.95      299.95
60 CCRs     N/A         399.95
  • Like 1

BrianBruderer    141

If you already have a license, re-register and you will get the next higher license level at no charge.

If you want to upgrade from there, the upgrade price is the difference between the price of your current license (using the new pricing structure) and the price of the level you are upgrading to (using the new pricing structure).

For example, if you already had the 2 CCR license, re-register and you will have a 4 CCR license at no charge.

If you want to upgrade to the 8 CCR license, then the cost will be $50.00

Go to this page and it has the new upgrade prices:

http://store.lightorama.com/sustup1.html

sax    66

Dancing in the streets.  Free upgrade to my favorite software. 

Ron Boyd    268

Ugghh! I'm a bit bummed. Mine did not go from 40 to 60. Tried it on 2 different machines.

Brian, any ideas?

dougd    100

Mine went from 24 to 40  :)

Thank you Brian and LOR for the MLK day present.

You might have started a new tradition. 

bob    0

Ugghh! I'm a bit bummed. Mine did not go from 40 to 60. Tried it on 2 different machines.

Brian, any ideas?

I'm guessing that perhaps you have a relatively old version of software installed.  The 60 CCR license is only understood by newer versions of software (not sure off the top of my head what the earliest such version is).  If an older version sees a 60 CCR license, it will consider it to be a 40 CCR license.

If that doesn't explain the issue, please send me (bob@lightorama.com) an email with the following information:

(1) This thread's URL, which is: forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/35054-price-reduction-for-superstar-licenses-and-free-upgrade/

(2) Your forum username

(3) Your license information

bob    0

Oh, also, your computer doesn't automatically notice it - you have to tell it to check your license to see if anything has changed.  This can be done in several ways, but for example if go to the Sequence Editor's Help menu, and select "Upgrade Light-O-Rama", a dialog should open up that should already show your license info.  Click the "Register" button in that dialog, and it should then figure out that you've got a 60 CCR license.  After that, I'm not 100% sure, but you may have to shut down your LOR programs and start them back up again for it to take effect.

Ron Boyd    268

Thanks Bob, email sent.

Oh, and thank you too Brian and LOR. That's a great, late Christmas present.

Edited by Ron Boyd

bob    0

Whoops - looks like the latest version (3.12.0) does NOT support 60 CCR.  We intend to release a version 3.12.2 that has support for 60 CCR soon.  Until version 3.12.2, the software will treat any 60 CCR license as if it were a 40 CCR license.  Sorry for the mistake.

BrianBruderer    141

Yes, I can confirm that the 3.12.0 version of superstar does not recognize the 60 CCR license level. It is my fault, Bob made a point to ask me if that was in the current release and I told it was, and I was mistaken. I apologize. As Bob indicates, it will be in the next release.

jimswinder    181

so dumb question..how do you re-register?

and if we re-register now with 3.12..can we do it again when 3.12.2 comes out?

or how will all that work?

Edited by jimswinder

bob    0

so dumb question..how do you re-register?

and if we re-register now with 3.12..can we do it again when 3.12.2 comes out?

or how will all that work?

You can re-register in several ways, but for example go to the Sequence Editor's Help menu, select "Upgrade Light-O-Rama", and click on "Register" in the dialog that will open up showing your license info.  You may have to stop/start your LOR programs after re-registering in order for the new license level to fully take effect.

If you had (until today) a 2 CCR, 4 CCR, 8 CCR, or 24 CCR license, then you can just re-register now, and you should get the free license level upgrade.  I don't think there's any real reason to install 3.12.2 after that, but if you do, then there's no reason to re-register again after doing so.  Well, unless you also decide to purchase an upgrade to 60, in which case you should install 3.12.2 and re-register after doing so.

On the other hand if you had (until today) a 40 CCR license, then there's no reason to re-register now.  After 3.12.2 comes out, install that, and then re-register, and you'll get the free license level upgrade at that point.

LarryDrumAZ    12

Thank you LOR!  My $250 SS upgrade last year was more than worth it, and now with the free upgrade to 40 CCR's, the possibilities for 2015 (for our show) are almost endless!

Thanks again.

k6ccc    482

Very nice news!  I upgraded two of the three computers from 24 to 40.  I'll do the laptop next time it is booted up.  I think that 6,000 channels will handle 2015.  My 3,600 channels just barely covered 2014 (and only because I sequenced the star in SE and not SSE - yes that made sense in my case).

Thanks much!

k6ccc    482

Third computer upgraded (the laptop).  Now if we can just get Visualizer to handle a greater number of pixels so we can actually USE the larger SSE capability.  No, I'm not trying to kick a gift horse in the mouth, but we need part two...

• Like 4

DevMike    429

Third computer upgraded (the laptop).  Now if we can just get Visualizer to handle a greater number of pixels so we can actually USE the larger SSE capability.  No, I'm not trying to kick a gift horse in the mouth, but we need part two...

The Visualizer will design 60 CCRs just fine.

lightzilla    46

Whoops - looks like the latest version (3.12.0) does NOT support 60 CCR.  We intend to release a version 3.12.2 that has support for 60 CCR soon.  Until version 3.12.2, the software will treat any 60 CCR license as if it were a 40 CCR license.  Sorry for the mistake.

This explains why I couldn't go from 40 to 60 ccr. Thank you Light-O-Rama and Brian for this great New Years gift.  I will be waiting for version 3.12.2.

NkySpike65    2

This explains why I couldn't go from 40 to 60 ccr. Thank you Light-O-Rama and Brian for this great New Years gift.  I will be waiting for version 3.12.2.

I was also thinking I did something wrong, after the third time of hitting 'Re-register'. Now I might have to get some more keys released. lol