Light-O-Rama Forums

Helium Balloon with Lights

mcnamara9

This year I had a custom made 6 foot helium filled balloon made with red and green panels. I attached 250 lights to and sent it up about 50ft off the ground. The lights are plugged into my top roof channel and so it blinks with the show. I rented a 220 cf helium tank to fill it up and "top it off" about once a week through the season. It sways in the breeze at night and looks pretty cool. Traffic has definitely increased because you can see the balloon nearly a mile away and everyone seems to enjoy it.

I thought others might enjoy it so I'm posting a few pictures. There are more pictures and videos with the balloon in action on my website: http://www.McNamaraLights.com. If you have any questions, hollar.

Thanks,
Brian

McNamara-Wide-2007.jpg

McNamara2007I-sm.JPG

Holy Moly!

Nothing like saying "HERE I AM! COME ON OVER!" eh? :)

That is an awesome project, man. My neighbors would lynch me, but still -- awesome.

Charlie

My nominee for the most original thing in a Christmas display is...

Wow, I wonder if that works in cold climates? Here it's a cool parlor trick to go to the balloon store when it's really cold, buy a mylar ballon, walk outside and it suddenly looks like it's half-full... bring it back inside and it quickly expands again... :)

Also my nominee for the best Christmas display quote is: "you can see the balloon nearly a mile away and everyone seems to enjoy it"

I'm feeling silly today... :dude:

-Tim

• The topic was locked