Light-O-Rama Forums

2015 Christmas Expo Site Announcement

zman

Just posted on the Christmas Expo FB page:

Christmas Expo will be held July 16-18 at the Will Rogers Memorial Center.

Moving closer to the west coast................

Well, I was hoping it would be a bit more north and am not surprised it's more centrally located. Makes sense to me to be central but coming from MD it'll be a over 22 hour drive. My wife and I will see if we can do it and I really need to look at the classes as those are my main reason for going. I really enjoyed 2013 but missed 2014 and it looked like it was an awesome time. We have already taken off an extra day for the drive in case it went back to Biloxi.

Thanks for the announcement.

Later,

Al

Wow, Ft. Worth seems like a slap in the face to The Academy.

Sean (nutcracker) said there may not be "The Academy" this year. I guess some of those vendors could be at the expo.

We've got plenty of great convention centers here in the Pacific Northwest and plenty of other stuff to do too.  Where else could you go in the US where you can go Snow Skiing in the morning, Wakeboarding in the afternoon and Surfing in the evening and do it all on a nice hot day in August?  OR for the more relaxed, you could take a tour through one of 450+ wineries in the area.  I think we should make a Pacific Northwest push for next year. 

• Like 1

Sean (nutcracker) said there may not be "The Academy" this year. I guess some of those vendors could be at the expo.

I'm sorry to hear that some people have continued to spread that news with no knowledge of any plans (and I'm not talking about Sean- he can't help what he's been told.  I know him and I don't think he's malicious in any way.  Other people with a vested interest in competing with the Academy on the other hand...).

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that some people have continued to spread that news with no knowledge of any plans (and I'm not talking about Sean- he can't help what he's been told.  I know him and I don't think he's malicious in any way.  Other people with a vested interest in competing with the Academy on the other hand...).

The only reason I mentioned it was because of Sean, he's a good guy. Anyway I wish they would have both because I would attend both. Makes a long trip worth it! I guess time will tell.

We've got plenty of great convention centers here in the Pacific Northwest and plenty of other stuff to do too.  Where else could you go in the US where you can go Snow Skiing in the morning, Wakeboarding in the afternoon and Surfing in the evening and do it all on a nice hot day in August?  OR for the more relaxed, you could take a tour through one of 450+ wineries in the area.  I think we should make a Pacific Northwest push for next year.

Well further north would be good. How about New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Michigan. I I've driven to the last 2 shows from Canada. A bit closer to home would be nice.

A reminder from the folks at Light-O-Rama.

1 - We have nothing to do with the decisions of either one.
2 - This is not the place to fight about Expo Vs Academy or whatever. 

No one is fighting. I was correcting misinformation about the Academy. I assume that we all want the correct information out there.

Ryan; it is great news that there will be an Academy 2015. I was relaying only the info from last summer when people would normally start registering for the next year and you said you did not know if there was going to be an academy. I think the academy is awesome, at < $100 for a 3 day event is a great bargain. Earlier this month I did look on LSH website and saw no discussion about an Academy in the upcoming events. Sorry if I assumed that meant nothing was coming.

Since the Expo is July 16-18 do you have any dates set yet?

I would be happy to give talks and demos of xLights 4, falcon equipment and the FPP.

I do think Dave Pitts and Capt Murdoch would also like to attend. If they do , they would talk about FPP 2.0 and the new falcon controllers based on the beagle black.

thanks and sorry if i spread mis information

sean

• Like 1

I'll go to both if there a weekend apart. I know you will see some of the same stuff, but i missed some classes at the Expo because 2 of the classes I wanted to attend where scheduled at the same time.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.  We don't want the many postings in support of the Academy to derail this thread so we will begin a thread in the correct place as soon as we have final details.  The "correct place" is under the Vendor section- as we were told that ALL events had to do beginning last year. (http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/31280-approved-vendor-list-eventsgatherings/)

LOR Admin- please move THIS thread to the proper place under the vendor section.  Unless of course we're allowed to post in various areas unlike last year.  No sarcasm here- we've always followed the LOR forum (and ALL forums) rules so we just appreciate the standard being the same for every event.

Thanks so much!

Ryan

Edited by Ryan Johnson
  • 3 weeks later...