Light-O-Rama Forums

Using iDMX1000 as a DMX to LOR interface

butric

Hi, I have a LOR board that does not natively accept DMX. I was planning on using the iDMX1000 as an interface between a DMX control board and my LOR. Would this work the way i want? or does the iDMX1000 ONLY convert LOR protocol to DMX, and not DMX to LOR?

Thanks.

If I understand your question, the iDMX1000 converts the LOR protocol to DMX; I don't think you can go the other way with it.

Another option is to use a second network just for the LOR controller, provided whatever software you are using would support it. If you're using the LOR Showtime software, it's definitely doable.

-Gary-

Why not just use it on the LOR network and keep things simple?

The reason i need this is because I would like to use it in a live situation. I have a DMX control board that is normally used on Large scale dimmer paks. I wanted to incorporate this controller into my DMX arsenal. I guess that's what I get for not doing more research, I just thought that ALL LOR's accepted DMX.

If I understand your question, the iDMX1000 converts the LOR protocol to DMX; I don't think you can go the other way with it.

And yes, you would be correct.

Another option is to use a second network just for the LOR controller, provided whatever software you are using would support it. If you're using the LOR Showtime software, it's definitely doable.

-Gary-

Not sure I fully understand what you mean. Care to elaborate?