Light-O-Rama Forums

robotic rudolph

cobra513

On one of the Christmas forums somebody posted an article and video of a robotic Rudolph that he had built, it was full body and it's head and neck along with the mouth moved and his video showed it saying some of the phrases from the movie. I thought I had book marked it but can't find the bookmark or the page. If there is anyone that might remember this and can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This was a stuffed Rudolph that he bought and took the stuffing out. I believe he put it over a wire frame and used servos and I think it was 30 inches or so tall.

You do this with servos, servodog controller and lots of time and talent. I think his screen name is MikeZ or similar...the guy is sharp!

Thanks guys I finally found it. It was on Planet Christmas from back in Aug 2009 labeled Animation is Rudolph by Frank_Lo. Unfortunately it doesn't show any construction but I'm thinking of this as a long term project I would like to start and build right to sort of interact with visitors.

• The topic was locked