Light-O-Rama Forums

Spring Sale

Bassun

Save yourself some money and get the $175 setup. All you have to do is install the power cords. If you are uncomfortable doing this, then get 1 of the $200 ones and 3 of the $175 ones so you have something to look at.

Saves you $100 to $75 bucks. I would use that to purchase one of the CTB16PC Card Assembled ($119) for a backup.

I would also add a pack of the fuses. LOR sells that for cheaper than I could find at lowes or homedepot and adding it would make shipping free. You may never need it, hopefully you never will. But I recommend having them.

If memory serves you can add the starter package as long as you order a controller. It was not on sale, but again, saves shipping and you get discounted software.

I agree 100% with ebrown1972 !

I accidently bought a controller that need to be soldered and it is still in its box,

But the ones you put the card in the case and plug in the cords are a deal and saves a lot of money (and no soldering).

Back when the PC cards were $115.00 (on sale) I would order 4 of them, & then add the plugs to the list & only four power cords.  True they were only 15 amps per controller with one cord but with Leds spread across several controllers well that was no issue considering I had 5 controller plugged into one outlet. 

Anyhow that worked out to $150.00 per controller & then I added my own enclosure for $10.00 & the savings paid for the shipping with some money left over. 

I think it will cost you $160.00 plus whatever the enclosure would cost. ($10.00 ) 

Edited by lightzilla

I agree 100% with ebrown1972 !

I accidently bought a controller that need to be soldered and it is still in its box,

But the ones you put the card in the case and plug in the cords are a deal and saves a lot of money (and no soldering).

Paul,

If you want your card soldered, I can look after that for you. No charge for my labor, just pay for the shipping to and from me.

Cheers

Daryl B.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they discount Superstar and/or upgrading to a higher level license during the Spring sale?

Does anyone know if they discount Superstar and/or upgrading to a higher level license during the Spring sale?

In the 10 years I've been a LOR user, I've never seen the software on sale.

I doubt that would change this time.

In the 10 years I've been a LOR user, I've never seen the software on sale.

I doubt that would change this time.

Based on that data....seems logical....thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

First year doing this! Can anybody tell me how much the RGB pixels go on sale for? Need to budget for them, or the wife will kill me!! LOL

It has to be getting close, right?  I am checking my e-mail constantly in anticipation.

Funny, doing the same thing here waiting anxiously!

someone posted on the LOR user facebook page that they callled and was told early april, don't know if its true or not

On the day of the spring sale, what time does it start at. Midnight?

In the past it has started at 9 or 10PM (yes PM) eastern.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response Don! This will be my first year with LOR, and I've already purchased 2 LOR controllers. Now I'm looking at buying 6 CCP's, so hopefully I can get them for the sale price!