Light-O-Rama Forums

Spring Sale

Bassun

So I know there seems to be a spring sale, and a summer sale.  I found general timing's for the summer sale, but for the life of me I cannot find anything saying when the spring sale normally is?  I apologize, as I know that hidden in some post I've overlooked someone has mentioned it.

So, when is the spring sale normally?

This past year there was a ton of stuff still on their site 12 hours after the sale started. Just really depends on what you are after. 

This past year there was a ton of stuff still on their site 12 hours after the sale started. Just really depends on what you are after. 

If your after CCR's, CCP's, CCB's, CMB24D, or the RGB floods you better be on there in the first couple minutes. They still had AC controllers available the next morning

• Like 1

If your after CCR's, CCP's, CCB's, CMB24D, or the RGB floods you better be on there in the first couple minutes. They still had AC controllers available the next morning

That is why if folks can wait until the summer sale then buy then. Sure it is a few dollars more but you can for sure get the stuff.

That is why if folks can wait until the summer sale then buy then. Sure it is a few dollars more but you can for sure get the stuff.

If you get them during the spring sale you can be playing with them by the summer sale. :)

If you get them during the spring sale you can be playing with them by the summer sale. :)

X10 lol, I like to be building when it's cold out

That is true. However I will be pretty busy sequencing so that even if I get stuff in the spring reduction sale I won't use it until late Oct.  I only got 5 sequences done for my own display, the other time was spent helping others. 

This will be my first year trying to make a purchase during the spring sale. I will be looking for a few of the hot items mainly ccp's. I am looking for a few pointers from those who have purchased and received items from the sale before. I assume I will need to be signed into my account and as soon as the sale begins I need to place those items into my cart and checkout as quickly as possible? The spring sale is kind of like a race correct? After making the purchase how long after will I really know whether or not I got the items? Is there a count down clock or something in the lor store to let us know exactly when it starts? I am only wanting to purchase about 3 items during the sale. I am just curious about how it all works since I have never bought during the sale. Thanks.

• Like 1

There's a limited number of items for sale & when there gone that's it. If memory serves me correctly you can have the items in your cart before the sale starts, just don't check out until after it begins. As well just because it's in your cart doesn't mean that it's yours. It doesn't belong to you until you finish the checkout process.

Some people have had items in there cart & go to checkout only to discover that the items were sold out from under them.

It's key to get in & checkout as quickly as possible.

Buyer beware for the Spring sale as quantities are limited. It can be hit and miss. Depending upon what you are after it may be well worth it to wait until the Summer sale where quantities aren't limited though the price may be a little higher. In the meantime, be on their email list. That will let you for certain when the sale is. 

• 1 month later...

I plan to start with 4 controllers using last years sale price 200 would I not be better off buying three on sale and one starter package since I plan to buy the advanced license. am I wrong in this thought process still a little confused since I have not been wrong since the last time