Light-O-Rama Forums

Workmans Wild Wires 2014 (Special Effects)

Brandon

One of the best I've seen. Outstanding job. Did you edit the music together?

Yes, I took clips from songs/movies i wanted and blended them together along with adding a few movie quotes.

-Update: Here is our second show I just uploaded Lindsey Stirling.  Thanks!

Edited by Brandon
  • Like 1

I've seen a ton of these videos since I started... this is one of the best (if not the best) I've seen.  Great job. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brandon very nice setup and sequencing. I would love to see some pictures of the setup. Those spots are not rgb?!? Good explanation but still would love to see some pics. Also, what did you use for the strobes? Like little blinders :-)

Edited by Robert Burton

• 3 weeks later...

hi mate. excellent display..!!!!

Would you be willing in letting any of the sequences go to us newbies to use?

david

• 5 weeks later...

As I mentioned before Brandon, REALLY nice sequencing. Great ideas with those A/C spots. I have a several controllers I am not using, gives me ideas ;-)

I still want to know about your strobes? Not even really sure you would call them that. You used them on your first vid you posted at 1:01. What are those? I like how you have them scattered. I have been wanting to do something like that as well.

The strobes are lights that my dad put together.  I can't really say anything about those except that they aren't strobes.  I just programed them.  the gels, heck I don't remember.  we built those about 7 years ago.  I think we just bought them off ebay.  there isn't anything special about the gels.  they came in a pack of generic yellow, red, green, blue.

Brandon are they just little LED spots? Like these?  (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-Plastic-LED-spikelight-K6195/203437658)%C2'>

I used those in my Halloween display

At 0:55 is where they come in. I know it is probably my video that is washing it out. 

I know many people just use different spot lights for "Blinders" and that honestly was what I was trying to do there. I just like the "attack" time that yours has. It is very fast and shut off is fast. I like that. 

Brandon are they just incan lights, A/C, D/C, LED, how big are they, etc. I am a fanatic about the sequences being musical and like the "attacks" that you used with it. Gives me ideas of being able to control the strobe flash time. I have tons of channels available with left over LOR controllers. If I can make something like that in A/C channels...it will be my next project :-)

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked