Light-O-Rama Forums

Totally off topic !

LightORamaDan

32 years ago today (thanks for reminding me mom!) Mary and I were married. Been a good 32 years no complaints.

True Story: Mary and I were both in the Army when we got married. We met each others family the first time, the day before the wedding. On my side only my Mom could make it but we were closer to Mary's part of the country so there was a caravan of partying polish Aunts and Uncles that made the drive from Nebraska to Ft. Carson CO for the wedding.

My wedding was the first wedding I had ever been to (really!)... We sat at the tables at the reception and then all of the sudden everyone starts hitting their glasses, louder and louder... I was so embarrassed that Mary's family was so hungry that they had started this massive clanging and stomping to get food!!! (true story).

Merry Christmas
Dan

Good story! And Happy Anniversary!

Will you be celebrating with a special synchronized display? :)

-Tim

LightORamaDan wrote:

... there was a caravan of partying polish Aunts and Uncles ...

Now THAT sounds like a party!

Congratulations, guys.

Cheers!

Congrats to you and Mary both. 32 Years is along time, and your still going strong. Here's to another 32.

As for the glass banging at the reception, are you sure about them being hungry? It is tradition when everyone bangs or taps their glass the Bride and Groom are to Kiss. If this is the case you have alot of kissing to do. ;)

Congratulations

Bruce

Dan & Mary,

May I add my (belated) congratulations. As a veteran 38 year couple Wendy & I can say that the first 32 years are the hardest :)

Here's to many more.

Martin

Congrats Dan and Mary. May the next 32 be even better.

With Nebraska and Colorado ties no wonder their such a great couple.

What part of Neb?

Thanks everyone.... Mary got wind of this thread so I have to say that this was a pre-arranged marriage... Mary was 8 years old at the time and she will be 39 on her next birthday:D

DavBro wrote:

Congrats! Did you have any special lighting display at your reception?

DavBro

Actually we had our reception in the banquet room at the NCO club at Ft. Carson. Due to the time of year the room was decorated for Christmas! (Hmmmmm perhaps a subliminal thought was planted that day.... Happiness=Christmas Decorations!)