Light-O-Rama Forums

ccp's

aesl1982

so im looking hard into the ccp's from lor. everyone keeps saying they need to be put into enclosure but the website clearly says " Weather proof enclouser, built in power supply 320 channel macro controller?.  next question is, im still having trouble deciding between holiday coros set up which would be the same amount of pixels 16x50 but its only 12 ft tall with 3" spacing, or I could get the lor ones space them at 4" and have a 16x50 but 16 foot tall. which is the height I want, I know I add pixels tot he holiday coro ones but then finding sequences for a 16x60 is going to be damn near all custom vs. 16x50.   I know ill spend  more using the lor stuff if I get it all on summer or spring sale looking at 9 or them at 200 a pop( 8 for tree 1 for arches), that's 1800 vs around 1400 to get holidays coros after I pay for assembly and what not for arches and tree. is the extra 400  worth it,since from what I understand is basically its already configured properly just run a second rs485hs and daisy chain all the ccr's.

Edited by aesl1982

Both LOR and HC are fine and respected companies with good products.  Its easy to find advocates for both of them.   

The number 320 in 320 channel LOR controller includes the macro channels. 300 of those control the pixels.  They are 100 pixels at 50 pixels per string.   All the strip products are 5 meter / 16 feet.   Which one are you talking about that is 12 feet?

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Both LOR and HC are fine and respected companies with good products.  Its easy to find advocates for both of them.   

The number 320 in 320 channel LOR controller includes the macro channels. 300 of those control the pixels.  They are 100 pixels at 50 pixels per string.   All the strip products are 5 meter / 16 feet.   Which one are you talking about that is 12 feet?

The holiday coro pixel nodes are 12'5 because they are 3" spacing at 50 nodes. I even confirmed that with Dave.

The ccr controller needs to be put in an enclouser the ccb are already in an enclouser.
then the statement is not correct on the website. If you go to the store and click ccp. It has an arrow pointing to controller and says weather proof enclosure. I didn't think they were but thought maybe I was wrong based on the picture they provide

then the statement is not correct on the website. If you go to the store and click ccp. It has an arrow pointing to controller and says weather proof enclosure. I didn't think they were but thought maybe I was wrong based on the picture they provide

Like denis mentioned:

CCP and CCB are in weather proof enclosures. The CCRs need to be.

Yeah sorry. Fat fingers on the mobile lol

Well, my experience with the CCPs were that the boxes the board is housed in was not weatherproof. I did buy mine the first year they came out and lost 2 boards in the first rain, with, I might add, standing water inside the enclosure. A simple black plastic bag over the box alleviated the water intrusion.

I don't know about later versions, as they may have fixed the problem, but it wouldn't hurt to add a bit more protection.

I, too, had water ingress problems with a CCB controller the first year.  Since then, having added several more CCB/CCP controllers, I've had zero problems.  

It does seem very strange that a product that is installed OUTSIDE, doesn't come in a weatherproof enclosure.

Especially when it is one of the higher cost solutions for Pixels.

So have they changed the Enclosure in the newer versions of the product ?

Tim

Ok, so it looks like the CCR's still have a non waterproof enclosure, but the pixels and bulbs look like a different controller ?

At least based on the pictures on LOR's web site.

I got my 4 ccps in the summer of 2013 & I used them for the 1st time this December & they went through rain, got buried in snow despite being 14 inches off the ground, then after the snow they were in freezing rain. No moisture was inside the controller. I can't say about the one ccp controller that was 18 ft off the ground. I will find out when it warms up.

I ordered 2 more.  The only thing I had go wrong was some annoying pixels that stayed on white all the time, even after the controllers were reset. They are being replaced & should be here tomorrow I would guess. 

Lor does offer great customer service.  

• Like 2

• The topic was locked