Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding DMX device to LOR network

roknjohn

thank you dmitriy.  I have noticed that my board does receives lor signal but the board is receiving It as lor and I need it to be dmx.  I am going to radioshack and buy me some cat 45 jacks and make me a crossover.  so pretty much this thing will be connected to the end of my lor controllers and then switched to dmx.  will repost update on how it turns out. 

This post makes it sound like you are connecting a crossover cable (DMX over LOR pins to DMX over official DMX over cat5 pins) to the end of your LOR network which is running LOR protocol. YOU CANT DO THIS. You will break something. 

A crossover cable like that will only change the pins that the signal is running on, not the signal.

You will need a dedicated dongle (LOR or DMX).

Hopefully, I am wrong, but if this is how you are doing it please go back and read this thread again and watch the video linked by Dmitriy.

This one below can be made to work using E1.31 and a Raspberry Pi, but only try that if you are good with DMX, and computing.

s-l500.jpg

I use it to make a super cheap DMX bridge. Will be even cheaper with a Raspberry Pi Zero.

I have been trying to debug and I noticed that my servo card stopped driving my relays.  but noticed it works on another sequence.  I have checked the sequence but all seems fine channel configuration is correct. but it had me worried on my servo I just got that thing back from the shop at LightORama.  I have purchased the dongle from holiday coro.  it would be the best solution than jeopardizing my setup.

yes I have this item it was 13 bucks on ebay. does not work at all not even with the freestyle software or driver.  and I have to boot my pc from my windows 7 os cause there is no driver for windows 8.1 

I got mine working easily on Freestyler. I followed the instructions on the video included on the CD.

It is worth keeping for the future. If you plan on using more RGB then you can use the new Raspberry Pi, which is just $5, into a dongle.

I noticed that you only need two of those cat 5 network wires.  hooked it up data neg and data pos.   still the same results from the crossover. 

GOT MY DONGLE FOR 39.99 from holiday coro  got it fast.  works like a charm very easy to setup and use. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgxdgjtd5r4&feature=youtu.be

Edited by boatdog357

I noticed that you only need two of those cat 5 network wires.  hooked it up data neg and data pos.   still the same results from the crossover. 

GOT MY DONGLE FOR 39.99 from holiday coro  got it fast.  works like a charm very easy to setup and use. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgxdgjtd5r4&feature=youtu.be

We're you connecting the crossover cable to a Light-O-Rama dongle set to DMX mode?

• The topic was locked