Light-O-Rama Forums

The Perfect Colors for 2811

ShaggySS

I am in the process of replacing all the 2811 strips on my house with the latest ones I purchase from Ray thanks to Cracker.  He pointed out the color mixing on the old strips are different than on the new strips.  So I did some testing and sure enough he was right.  I am big on Halloween so orange is a major color and the new strips were more of a yellow color.  So instead of having two different oranges depending on the section I was sequencing I decided to replace them all which brings me to my dilemma.  I need to redo the colors on all my sequences but I want to establish a list of the perfect colors for the new strips so I can do it all at once.  I am sure most have noticed if you choose pink in LOR it can be confused for purple and orange can be mistaken for yellow so it requires custom colors.  While its entirely subjective I want to create a custom color list to share.  The question is how do you establish this list.  It seems very time consuming to do it via the sequence editor via trial and error.  It would be great if I were able to adjust each RGB color individually to match it to a color mixing chart.  Anyone know of a way to do this?  I have a SANDevice E682. 

If someone has or knows of a list of custom colors they would like to share please let me know.

Two ways to start out. One is to write a sequence and set the 3 colors individually. Kind of a pain, but it does work. The other is to get a SACN console that can transmit levels via E1.31. As I recall, what I use at home is called SACNview. Works well.

• Like 1

xLights is the answer!  I pointed it to my SANDevice and then under test was able to control the lights.  Though I must say after being that close to the lights my eyes hurt so I can't post my results now but I am very pleased with the results.  Even better you can choose chase and for example when I found my perfect orange I was able to put right next to RED and yellow and tweak it further.  Once I get a second opinion on the colors I will post the results.

I got a my wife to review these colors and here are the perfect colors I came up with.  Let me clarify these are for the 2811 4\5 wire strips  two ground and two power wires though only the ground has two solder points......use both of them.  These are latest version from Ray.  

Craig I checked your but I think these may be for the older strips.....I will test tonight.  

Orange

R - 255

G - 35

B - 0

Yellow

R - 249

G - 130

B - 5

Purple

R - 115

G - 0 

B - 255

Pink - VERY BRIGHT PINK

R - 255

G - 0

B - 48

Sky Blue

R - 0

G - 255

B - 255

Hey Shaggy,

Those figures were for custom boards using binned Nichia LEDs.  Not for 2811 strips.. I just though maybe it would give you a starting point. 

Just when I think I got it all figured out a new problem emerges. Try sequencing with these saved colors.......

7wkRZ2O.jpg

Yellow appears orange

Orange\Red\Pink are all red.  

I know its a far fetched request but anyway to change the apperance of these colors so its easier to sequence.  When I sequence it won't be that big of a deal but when editing later it will be tough to tell the difference between them unless I expand the RGB channel and look.  But even that it tough.  Thats all the colors 3 cells a piece in order bottom to top. 

hiB0hBh.jpg