Light-O-Rama Forums

My First LOR Christmas show....

Old Sarge

Over all my show went well..

My first year doing it and did have some problems recording the sound when I made the video to post on u tube.

Thanks to all who helped me learn about sequencing...

The lights in the back ground I could do nothing about... they are the lights at NASA, Boeing etc. at the Palmdale, Ca. Plant as I am on the side of the mountain slightly above and to the south them.

Please check out my show at   

I hope I got the link right. If It doesn't work let me know and I will try to re post it..

Thanks to all and Hope all has a very great new year..

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

i think I got it working now... 

it is working on u yube.... I dont know why it isnt working here... can anyone help me?

Sarge,

SME = Sony Media Entertainment... the song more than likely comes from them (or one of their affiliates) and therefore will not allow playback on certain sites. I too struggled with this as I was embedding videos for my own website. Nothing you can do. If you can disable video embedding in your post options (I don't know if this is possible), I recommend doing so.

Are you serious?  A one hour+ video?  Don't know that I've ever seen anything even remotely as long as that. 

Are you serious?  A one hour+ video?  Don't know that I've ever seen anything even remotely as long as that.

Calm down George - here is a little something to relax to:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have no problem having a long show. I live in a area where there are no traffic problems and many can see my lights from the valley below me as I live on the side of a mountain.

I do not take donations nor ask for any.  If you happen to be at Edwards AFB. which is about 30 miles away and have a telescope to look my way you would also have no problem seeing them from there... lol..

I had problems I think with the video being posted as I had all the songs listed that were on it. and all it takes is 1 for them to block the complete show. here is the link for them which can be seen separate. I didn't spell all the names of the songs out correct so before you complain about that remember... I Am A Newbie, I did this for FUN not for Prophet or for a serious person who thinks everything has to be perfectly timed and set up.... I did it for FUN..

All my sequencing can be had for FREE at share.northjerseylights.com/for_chuck/

and I thank North Shore for posting them for me and helping me share them with others.. http://www.northjerseylights.com/    

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rQS92LcPWUXsSF1WR3hkw

Edited by Old Sarge

I think its very nice! I've spent some time at Edwards, long ago. First was up on the mountain when I was young with my Dad there. Then back when I was stationed at George AFB, I was at Edwards using some of their test equipment when ours died. Cool place to be back in the day. To get back up on the mountain with a telescope to see your's would be great.

Looks and sounds like you are really gettin into it Sarge. As long as you are enjoying the work of sequencing and are inspired, keep it going! My show is fairly long too, but friends and neighbors always say they hear something new EVERYTIME they come by so it keeps it fresh and interesting. Good stuff!

My rotation is also populated with plenty of songs each year, although the traffic has gotten so heavy that we can rarely play more than a dozen or so at a time.

My comment/criticism had nothing to do with show length or sequencing quality. As intended and as written, it was specifically regarding the length of Sarge's posted video. Tell me, who here has ever sat down and watched someone else's blinky-flashy video that's over an hour long? That was the point I was trying to make.

Edited by George Simmons

no problem... Just decided to add a little more explanation for the others...

mostly newbies who wold come on for the first time and complain about the length or sequencing not being to their standards and taking things to seriously instead of just for the fun of doing it.

In actuality the way my house is situated none but my two immediate neighbors can see the complete display as my place is what is called land locked and no road or street goes directly in front of beside it other then down the side of a hill and it cannot be seen at all from there..

But.... the view across the valley is something else...lol.... I did it mostly just for the fun of it for myself, my wife and family who came here for Christmas..

the same will go for my 4th of July show.... someone looking the right way down in the valley can see it but other then that its for friends and neighbors who come over to watch the fireworks down the valley.. 

• The topic was locked