Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to get Official L-O-R user with ??? channels logo

Kevin N

Hi...I'm still a little wet behind the ears...but where does eveybody get the "Official L-O-R user with ??? channels" logo used in signatures? I can't seem to spot it on the website. Thanks for any help given.

I have never liked those signatures. Just a personal thing. I think the "official" thing is kind of pompous, I guess.

Nonetheless, it is really helpful to know the experience level of a poster.

Here is a thread with a step-by-step: http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum54/4677.html

Cheers,
Charlie

Push Eject wrote:

I have never liked those signatures. Just a personal thing. I think the "official" thing is kind of pompous, I guess.

Here is a thread with a step-by-step: http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum54/4677.html

I've never liked 'em either -- especially here, where EVERYONE (virtually) is an LOR user...

Number of channels != experience, either. I know newbies with 300 channels, and oldies with 16 channels...

I always joke about the 'official' thing, that I can't use the sig because I never went through the proper certification to be an "official" user ;)

About the only benefit I see is that on PC, it shows newbies how many people are using LOR and is good publicity for the company-- and that's a Good Thing.

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

Push Eject wrote:

Number of channels != experience, either.

Agreed.

I got very few comments on my anti-signature on PC last year, but I thought it was funny.

Push Eject wrote:

I got very few comments on my anti-signature on PC last year, but I thought it was funny.

I either missed it or forgot... what was it?

As an aside, funny thing about 'experience' is that as the LOR product line expands, it's hard for any one person to be an 'expert'. Have questions about CTB08's, 16D's hardwired networking, and the software, I'm pretty fluent in that. For 16PC's and the USB dongles, I might be able to fake my way through, but I've never actually owned them, so others can probably do a lot better. ELL's, DMX, DIO, -- I haven't a clue...

That's why a forum like this is so cool... we have lots of 'experts' in their areas, and we can all help each other.

-Tim

• 4 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked