Light-O-Rama Forums

where to Purchase LEDs

BCBjorklund

Hi all,

This is my first season with a display of about 6000 lights.trying to find a good lower cost lights I am converting to all LEDS for 2015 and would like to get to 20-30k lights..

what are your recomendations?

You will get mixed replies on here between after Christmas sales at the local stores (might be too late in your area) and presales from the vendors on here.

My display is 99% walmart and biglots lights.

Oh and i got quite a few c7' from family dollar.

I switched to all LED this year from HLE.  They were great to work with and the lights have worked flawlessly in the cold, snow and rain.  I'm assembling my Excel spreadsheet now to come up with my 2015 pre-order.

My display is 90% CDI mini bright 5 MM LEDS and has been since 2011. Really good customer service, does recalls if he sees a problem with a product and easy exchanges if you have a problem with anything you purchased that season. Pre-sale is going on now.

• Like 1

Walmarts "Holiday time" light work great for my uses and they fade fine. I just went in for the after Xmas sale and loaded up on 50ct LED warm whites and multis at $2.24 a box. 70ct LED icicles for $4.50 (pretty short at 9 ft length but a good buy!) plenty left at my local walmarts

Walmarts "Holiday time" light work great for my uses and they fade fine. I just went in for the after Xmas sale and loaded up on 50ct LED warm whites and multis at $2.24 a box. 70ct LED icicles for $4.50 (pretty short at 9 ft length but a good buy!) plenty left at my local walmarts

I have 6 or 7 walmarts in my area and they all had a TON of those 50ct warm whites left friday.....i dont know how id use them but im tempted to stock up when they hit 75%

Might be a little late, but I bought a "boat load" of LED's from both Walmart, and Big Lot's over the weekend. 50% off. You might want to try and see what they may still have left over. I think that Walmart then drops it to 75% after New Year's on what little they still have.

All my lights are LED and were all purchased with CDI which i Highly recommend as it's been 3 years and they still shine bright!  Plus CDI is having their pre-season sale right now until the 16th of January I believe...

• Like 1

All my lights are LED and were all purchased with CDI which i Highly recommend as it's been 3 years and they still shine bright!  Plus CDI is having their pre-season sale right now until the 16th of January I believe...

Ditto.   The higher cost of quality lights has paid for itself in the lack of frustration many times over.  After spending hours with my neighbor and the Target / Phillips C6s he purchased last year, I finally gave up and gave some CDI M6 strings I was not using.  He's happy, I'm happy, and he's also gotten more complements on his light this year, plus I have a helper to take down my display