Light-O-Rama Forums

How many universes from Showtime Director?

Eric walls

Does anyone have an idea how many universes the second port on the ShowtimeDirector can output? Do I need a dongle/ adapter or can I run a CAT 5 from the director directly to the dmx controller?

The Dual Port G3MP3 director can drive 2 DMX universes.  The Single Port uDMP3 can drive 1.

You need to be on the latest firmware and use at least version 3.12.0.

You run a cable directly from the director to your DMX device, however you will need to ensure it is wired up correctly on the DMX device's side.

I did upgrade to the 5.28 firmware but had to revert back to an earlier version because the 5.28 has some bugs, it would skip sequences.

I did upgrade to the 5.28 firmware but had to revert back to an earlier version because the 5.28 has some bugs, it would skip sequences.

Your right I also believe it has some bugs in it. 

My other question is what if I need 3 DMX universes? How would I run that from the Showtime Director?

Is LOR aware of the issues with the 5.28 firmware version?

My other question is what if I need 3 DMX universes? How would I run that from the Showtime Director?

Is LOR aware of the issues with the 5.28 firmware version?

You can't.  The max is 2 for the dual network adapter, 1 for the uDMP3.  You would need to use a computer at that point.