Light-O-Rama Forums

Landscaping Lights on A LOR Controller?

abaggett

I use LOR DC Controllers.  CMB16D-QC and CMB24 are the 2 models I have.  They are easy to set up and program. It takes a little more work than just plugging in a strand of lights, but worth it in the end. 

I guess I'm just curious on how you have the controllers housed or protected for year round use. thanks

The two brick columns each have a large space inside that has various equipment.  Elsewhere there is a E6804 and a 16 channel DC card that are both in standard PVC electrical boxes.  I will try to get the web page updated with some additional photos and description in a few days.

I had the advantage that I was doing LOR when I built those columns so I planned for equipment inside them and built in LOTS of conduit to various placed in the yard.

The two brick columns each have a large space inside that has various equipment.  Elsewhere there is a E6804 and a 16 channel DC card that are both in standard PVC electrical boxes.  I will try to get the web page updated with some additional photos and description in a few days.

I had the advantage that I was doing LOR when I built those columns so I planned for equipment inside them and built in LOTS of conduit to various placed in the yard.

Definately need more pics on your website!  I like the tree rings.

Here are a couple of photos of 2 of my DC Controllers I have mounted in the garage.  They control all the strip lights around the roof line of the house.  I have plenty of access to my attic so I permanently ran the wires to the strip lights and to the yard lights.  The one photo is a closer look of the 16 channel board and power supply mounted in a Cable Guard CG-1500 box.  The 24 channel is pretty much the same.  I have a 3rd 24 channel mounted in a CG-1500 box hanging under the deck to control the spots.  I keep it tightened shut, and have not had any issues with water getting in.

Here is a quick video of my Valentines Day Display.  Usually there is still plenty of snow and ice on the roof so I don't do anything, but this year it has been clear so up I went.

(I've never linked a video before so hopefully this address works.  If not look up Engh_Lights Valentines 2015) (Engh_Lights will also show all my Christmas videos as well)

post-12596-0-33354400-1424284044_thumb.j

post-12596-0-59230800-1424284134_thumb.j

post-12596-0-49231100-1424284151.jpg

post-12596-0-20812500-1424284153.jpg

I took some more photos and put them onto a new page.  I will get some more this weekend in daylight (I don't get home from work until after dark so a flash was the only option during the week).  The first two photos are the same as in the Valentines Day photos I linked earlier, but the rest are new.

http://newburghlights.org/Landscaping.html

Edited by k6ccc

Thanks Jim!

I am really looking forward to having the landscaping project completed some time this year....  Gotta

1) Build the walkway, (this is the hardest step)

2) Install about 120 feet of WS2811 strip along the walkway,

3) Put the brick cap on the north wall of the planter,

4) Install 30 feet of WS2811 along the brick of the planter,

5) Rebuild the top of the low wall at the east end of the planter between my yard and the neighbor's driveway so that it makes up the end of the planter,

6) Stucco the planter walls,

7) Install sprinklers for the south half of the lawn, the planter, and the parking strip,

8) Plant the planter and south half of the lawn.

9) Celebrate completion!

And while all that is going on, do a bunch of changes for Christmas 2015....

Another busy year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 50w floods are just another LOR controller so a director should be able to run them.

Raspberry Pi running the Falcon Pi Player could also easily run these floods and many other different lights for a landscape lighting project.

Raspberry Pi running the Falcon Pi Player could also easily run these floods and many other different lights for a landscape lighting project.

That is correct - with as I understand it, one caveat.  The FPP can't handle interactives (which I do).