Light-O-Rama Forums

E682 help

jeff bush

Hoping this will be a quick answer for someone. Just getting into RGB smart and dumd and here is the problem.

I have tested my SanDevice E682 and all works great on output 1.1 which is all i have been testing with. Today I add another 2811 strip to output 1.2 and 1.3 and create a short test sequence with 510 RGB channels and run it. I have it set up with a simple chase from channel 1-150 and start another chase from channel 151-300 then start another chase from 301-450 and only have the strip on output 1.1 working, nothing on the other 2. Attached is a pic of my configuration is someone can help.

Thank You

post-7360-0-43730400-1419447585_thumb.jp

Hoping this will be a quick answer for someone. Just getting into RGB smart and dumd and here is the problem.

I have tested my SanDevice E682 and all works great on output 1.1 which is all i have been testing with. Today I add another 2811 strip to output 1.2 and 1.3 and create a short test sequence with 510 RGB channels and run it. I have it set up with a simple chase from channel 1-150 and start another chase from channel 151-300 then start another chase from 301-450 and only have the strip on output 1.1 working, nothing on the other 2. Attached is a pic of my configuration is someone can help.

Thank You

Why is your output set to dmx?

Sorry, the picture I posted was an earlier picture. I had it changed to 2811. Figured out before the reply to change to 50, but thanks mixnight and others for the help.

Merry Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...

I have attached my current configuration. Still having heck!! Call me a dumbie but I must be missing something and am ready to throw something! I am lost on the outputs and programming them. I have 8 strands plugged in, first 3 are working great, after that, the others are not working as I programmed them. Have tried running the universes continuous, didn't work.This is my latest try...

output 1.1 channels 1-150         universe 1

output 1.2 channels 151-300     universe 1

output 1.3 channels 301-450     universe 1

output 1.4 channels 1-198         universe 2

output 2.1 channels 199-396     universe 2

output 2.2 channels 397-471     universe 2

output 2.3 channels 1-75           universe 3

output 2.4 channels 76-150       universe 3

output 3.1 channels 151-225     universe 3

output 3.2 channels 1-75           universe 4

output 3.3 channels 76-150       universe 4

output 3.4 channels 151-225     universe 4

output 4.1 channels 1-75           universe 5

output 4.2 channels 76-150       universe 5

output 4.3 channels 151-225     universe 5

output 4.4 channels 1-150         universe 6

I may be why off base as I am just learning RGB smart. Please help

Thank You

post-7360-0-66383300-1420339365_thumb.jp

Do you have the DMX listener up and running? (Double click on the LOR Control Panel if not)

Is the Universes set up this way on the LOR DMX Tab?

Is control lights checked and staying checked in the sequence editor?

These are the three most common mistakes made when starting E1.31

Next,

Is the address for the 682 a force IP or is that what you set it to? 

Edited by Ron Boyd

Do you have the DMX listener up and running? (Double click on the LOR Control Panel if not)

Yes

Is the Universes set up this way on the LOR DMX Tab?

Yes, I have 9 set up and running

Is control lights checked and staying checked in the sequence editor?

Yes

These are the three most common mistakes made when starting E1.31

Next,

Is the address for the 682 a force IP or is that what you set it to?

Yes, it was a force IP

Does the configuration look ok or is it incorrect?

As I say, the first 3 strands which is universe 1, channel 1 thru 450 work great, it is after those when I am confused I guess on the outputs and how to program them because what I thought in my little mind to be correct is apparently not.

Thanks Ron

If the screenshot you attached is the current configuration then you have overlap in your channels. For bank #1 you show 4 outputs in use, each 50 pixels long. You start at universe #1 channel #1 and that ends at universe #2 channel #90. But then for bank 2 you start at universe #2 channel #1. Universe #2 channel #1 through #90 are configured in both banks. You either need to start bank #2 at universe #2 channel #91 or skip to universe #3 channel #1.

Ran another test with the updated configuration. 1 thru 3 are still good, the others work but have a blue pixel come on and 2 strips and a red pixel that comes on and stays on! Well crap

That looks good to me. Now you need to make sure the pixels are configured in SE the same way they are configured here.

You have 4 50 pixel strips defined for each bank, that is 200 pixels or 600 channels. A universe is 512 channels but we can only work in groups of 3 so we do not use channels 511 and 512. So that give you 510 channels in univers 1 so we need an additional 90 channels from universe 2 to get the 600 channels for the 1st bank.