Light-O-Rama Forums

Ground Cover and House Cover

Redbirdruss

I am planning to step it up a notch next year and add completely cover my yard and front of house in LED lights.

I want to be able to chase from left to right and up and down. I'm looking for ideas on how to attach the lights to my all brick 2 story house and the best methodology for ground cover.

Would 12" spacing between channels be adequate or too close? 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

on your brick you're going to have to use some sort of solid anchors. My suggestion would be anchor into the brick up high or under your soffits. with just a few anchors you should be able to put in a bar to hang everything off of to keep the damage to the house to a minimum. and remember to use some sort of caulk to seal up the holes you make to prevent water penetration. if it was my house and I had to attach to the brick. I would use some sort of stainless steel hook with Tapcon screws that I could hang a bar from and possibly hang other things in the offseason

• Like 1

I use 1 1/2" metal stud track for all my house outline & roof. 1 screw top & bottom with a plastic anchor drilled into the mortar. Minimal damage, keeps it secure in high winds. Been doing it for 12 years at this house & never had an issue.

• Like 1

Will try to post pics if I can find them. 3 computers & 5 external hard drives it's hard to remember where I store those pics. B-)

• Like 2

just an idea.   I don't do it any longer cause I got rgb floods for the front of my house.

but before that I had red and white lights hanging in front of my brick house.

what I did was I put j shaped hooks into the bricks up on the wall just below the over hang.  then I made frames out of 3/4 in pvc pipe.  then I wrapped

the lights on the frames and just hung the lights on the house like a picture frame.  it worked pretty well.  the only issue I had was getting the frames to hang straight   that was easily fixed with a few twist ties.  I just tied the frames together and It made a light wall.

as far as up and down I guess you could put screws in the pipe and run the lights vertically. 

then you could program them just like arches of posts and have the lights chase side to side or up and down. ]

they don't weigh a lot and they are pretty easy to handle.  also your hooks are up and out of the elements. you just need hooks wide enough for the frames to fit in.

good luck

• Like 1

heres that pic.It's two 1 1/2 steel stud track ,(studs no good because it has precut holes) one inside the other.painted to blend in with the brick 20141226_162754.jpg

Edited by Darryl Lambert