Light-O-Rama Forums

An all lights on sequence, really long or somehow repeat?

mikeg

How do others do this?  So the show ends at 10pm or so and I want to just put all the lights on (although I may have the megatree spin or something).  Do you just make a short show and have it repeat with no fades or do you make a long show in SE and just play it?

Can I use simple show builder to put multiple shows on the same SD (ours runs on a mp3 controller)?  Show editor (basic plus) does not allow background, startup, or shutdown at my license level.

Our standard MO is to put the 4-5 songs on the SD with simple show builder for the 6-10 weekday and 6-11 weekend times.  I want to have more of a static display after that and I am not sure how.  Any help is appreciated.

Simple show builder is just that ONE simple show that can loop continuously or run every hour or half hour, you decide when it starts and when it ends.

If you want to add more than that, you have to use the Show editor

Ok, I made an animation sequence 1 minute long and made a show in show editor just for that (not turning off lights between) and another show in show editor for my normal show.  Then I added that show after my normal shows in the schedule editor.  Apparently it already had my easy show builder schedule in there so I just had to add the aftershow show until midnight.  

Now, I am not sure how to transfer that show to the SD card.  Or should I be using the hardware tool to create these shows?

Furthermore, this should be in the S3 suite forum I think since I feel I am moving beyond the SE part of things.

Edited by mikeg

Use the Hardware Utility -> MP3 Tab to create the show. You can not use the Show Editor with the directors.

Show 01

Times: Weekdays 6:00 - 10:00pm / Weekends 6:00 - 11:00pm

Loop continuously

Sequences for Show - Whatever you want to run.

Show 02

Times: Weekdays 10:00pm - (Whenever) / Weekends 11:00pm - (Whenever)

Loop Continuously.

Sequences for show - Single animation sequence with all lights on.

See documentation on using the Hardware Utility to create shows.

** If you were wanting some static 'all on' during your show, you would simply place "all on" sequences where you would want them. Quite a few options here, and if you can tell me exactly what you want to do, I could tell you how to program it. Otherwise, just tinker with it. You won't break it.

Thanks for the help.  I figured it out after my last post.  Same steps you outlined Don.  Just took me a bit to work through it myself.  The lights are all on with the megatree just doing a 1-16 channel rotation.

Hope everyone had a good holiday.  I am just now recovered from it all.

I have an "All Lights On" sequence on a separate SD card. I have the Start time & the End time set on the unit itself . So I put the all on Sequence into the slot for an hour or so & change it out & put the show card in for a few hours & then back to the "All Lights On" card. I start at 6:00 pm & end at 12.15 am.

• 8 months later...

I'm planning a 15 minute or so show that I want to run every half hour. I want all of the lights on static in between shows. Would it be best to just create an all on show to fill in the gap between shows? I just got the visualizer to work and started my first sequence, it's getting exciting now.

One way to do it is to create a new animation sequence for whatever time you want it to be and just turn on all the channels from start to finish then in the show scheduler set the time you want it to be on

For all on, I do a short sequence and do not check the box that says 'turn lights off after each sequence'. I will run these plus other semi-static sequences when I'm not doing a show.

Since I don't run my actual show in a loop I kick those off with on-demand and then it overrides the scheduler. When the on-demand show ends it goes back to the normal scheduled programming.