Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights on Display 2014 Sherman Oaks CA

MikeZ

Here's my show for 2014. It's all new, and the longest I've ever done. An additional 12,000 LED lights were added to the display this year, which definitely added to the overall brightness of the display. I also increased the amount of snow used in the display, the kids enjoy every minute of it! I hope you enjoy the show!

• Like 3

Since you work for Disney, I'm guessing you can't participate in the Great Christmas Light Fight that ABC does, who is I think, owned by Disney. If there was any way, I'm sure you would do very well on there if not win!

Since you work for Disney, I'm guessing you can't participate in the Great Christmas Light Fight that ABC does, who is I think, owned by Disney. If there was any way, I'm sure you would do very well on there if not win!

I actually don't work for Disney, I'm a freelance video editor. I work doing TV promo. I did work for them about 10 years ago as an editor for ABC Family.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure if my schedule would allow the time needed for the show, but it would be fun to do.

Awesome show! My sister lives in Sherman Oaks and she got to see it in person this year.

What do you use to program the animatronics.  I'd imagine it would take 10 years to do what you've done on LOR's  servo dog.

What do you use to program the animatronics.  I'd imagine it would take 10 years to do what you've done on LOR's  servo dog.

I do use the Servo Dog to control all the servos, and the 12v LOR controller for the actuators. I program all the mouth movements in the sequence editor using the Tapper Wizard, and then I go back and tweak it by hand. I use Monkey Basic TrackSkull to do all the head movements. I have a short demo of the process here.

I do use the Servo Dog to control all the servos, and the 12v LOR controller for the actuators. I program all the mouth movements in the sequence editor using the Tapper Wizard, and then I go back and tweak it by hand. I use Monkey Basic TrackSkull to do all the head movements. I have a short demo of the process here.

I look forward to seeing the video of your display ever year, it's Outstanding!!! It's on a very short list of my favorites. Congrats on another fabulous display.

Very interesting.  That's so cool!!

I look forward to seeing the video of your display ever year, it's Outstanding!!! It's on a very short list of my favorites. Congrats on another fabulous display.

Thank you!

Very interesting.  That's so cool!!

It's a great program that allows me to get smooth organic movements.

• The topic was locked