Light-O-Rama Forums

Is Superstar Auto-Sequencer too flashy / blinky for non-RGB props?

Mega Arch

I've read some other posts that elude to Superstar is just too blinky and flashy for regular light strand props to use the auto-sequencing. I know Brian is working on the Rapid Fire trigger update to help slow it down a little bit, but I have another statement in mind...

BRIAN BRUDERER - You are amazing!

Thanks for the awesome program. Where some say "blinky / flashy" - I say "a few rolls of the dice and a last minute request from my wife is blinking and flashing outside my house!" I know most of you out there in "LOR perfection land" will be having some negative thoughts about my video. I don't care - get over yourself...

MY WIFE LOVES IT.
MY GRANDDAUGHTERS LOVE IT.
I WIN!

Brian - I only spent about two hours touching up a few things after only 6 rolls of the dice. So this one was all your programing. I am looking forward to adding some RGB in the future... But for now I still love your wonderful program on my straight LED's. Thanks again.
-Daniel

PS. sorry about the cars - guess it's a good thing I can't find a time to video without some interruptions.... Hope you can enjoy it a little bit.....

• Like 2

Daniel,

GREAT JOB DUDE !!!

Your going to have to explain the "tweeks" you made ...

Every attempt I have made to use Instant Sequence turned out looking like a wacked out meth-head running around in a room full of light switches ...

Kudos ...

Bob

• Like 3

Daniel,

GREAT JOB DUDE !!!

Every attempt I have made to use Instant Sequence turned out looking like a wacked out meth-head running around in a room full of light switches ...

Kudos ...

Bob

Thanks Bob.

Tweeking was just cutting some out altogether. Others was filling in where arch or tree wasn't complete. Really not much tweeking at all.

Kudos ...

Bob

LMAO!!

+1

Thanks for the video, I really like the song also. 

I'm thinking you have your lights laid out well on the sequencing grid, and you found some good settings and did a good job of touching it up.

Hopefully, next year "rapid fire" will enable another option for instant sequence that will do an even better job.

Looks great! I have had great luck with the instant sequencer as well. Having your lights laid out properly in the sequencing grid is key! I have 63 mini trees on 63 channels and instant sequencer does a great job on them. I'm just getting my feet wet with Superstar this year, but I love it. Looking forward to "rapid fire" Brian.

This was my attempt at Little Drummer Boy using SuperStar with no alterations. I made sever adjustments in the timing map to get the look i wanted. This is my first year with SS and had very little time, but i have already started to learn more especially on the RGB side.

Thanks Jerry. Kinda proves the point. Totally different look and yet Superstar still works it out.

Very nice.

Thanks, i do need to learn how to properly lay out the props a little better, but i was happy with what i got for my first year. I have watched Brian's tutorials sever times over and will watch them even more.

.....I'm thinking you have your lights laid out well on the sequencing grid, and you found some good settings and did a good job of touching it up.....

I figured out that I needed 2 different SE vis files. I have separated my props where SS doesn't confuse and combine the movements thinking they are one. Then when touching up in SE, I use the vis where everything is in it's correct place for my yard. Pretty cool stuff...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Daniel,

GREAT JOB DUDE !!!

Kudos ...

Bob

The biggest "tweak" that has helped me is sequencing a "selection" at a time.  Just like in the Sequence Editor, I break up the song into different parts where the sequencing gets more or less intense.  Then I pick a theme I like and run through the options on that selection until I find something I like that matches the part of the song I am working on.  

LarryDrumAZ's made the comment:

"Every attempt I have made to use Instant Sequence turned out looking like a wacked out meth-head running around in a room full of light switches"

That made me laugh out loud. Thanks for your entertaining and descriptive comment!

I hope to do more work on Instant Sequence this year with the goal of making it less blinky. Can't make promises, but I will try.

• Like 1

LarryDrumAZ's made the comment:

"Every attempt I have made to use Instant Sequence turned out looking like a wacked out meth-head running around in a room full of light switches"

That made me laugh out loud. Thanks for your entertaining and descriptive comment!

I hope to do more work on Instant Sequence this year with the goal of making it less blinky. Can't make promises, but I will try.

I myself didnt find it as blinky as some did, but i also learned how to adjust the map to give me better fades and slow things down a bit.

• 1 month later...

I used Supertar in unison wiht the Holiday Coro Singing trees as well. turned out awesome in my opinion.

Check out my other videos if ya want.....https://www.facebook.com/SoundsofLights?ref=hl

Who sings the song "White Christmas" on your video?  Did you purchase from itunes?  Thanks.  Sounds great

Daniel,

Bob

I had the same results unfortunately, and I tried many different variations with no luck, no dice.